SAS Rogue Heroes

After the description of how he saved that bunch half way up the road I wondered whether Paddy received a VC. Three DSOs apparently and probably more than enough to warrant a VC, but he might have had the wrong kind of accent or drank the wrong kind of liquor.
Yes it covers the VC recommendation. I’m at the point in the book we’re he’s been de mobbed and taken a job in the South Atlantic. The author had access to stuff his family had retained after his death.
The character portrayed in the programme seems to be an extreme caricature.

After the description of how he saved that bunch half way up the road I wondered whether Paddy received a VC. Three DSOs apparently and probably more than enough to warrant a VC, but he might have had the wrong kind of accent or drank the wrong kind of liquor.
May be wrong but think he punched out a VERY senior officer which lead to a recommendation for VC being quietly downgraded to another bar on his DSO

May be wrong but think he punched out a VERY senior officer which lead to a recommendation for VC being quietly downgraded to another bar on his DSO
Yeah, I think that was before he joined the SAS. Think it was the Irish Rifles he was in. But there are some folk who make sure that past misdemeanours weigh far more heavily than valorous behaviour in saving lives and being instrumental in the success of an operation.

Yeah, I think that was before he joined the SAS. Think it was the Irish Rifles he was in. But there are some folk who make sure that past misdemeanours weigh far more heavily than valorous behaviour in saving lives and being instrumental in the success of an operation.
Yes knew I read it somewhere - you're definitely right - wrong sort of British dont you know!

Well I thought it was good. Entertaining.
Me too.
A decent watch, with a good soundtrack.
May not of been 100% correct for some, and that's understandable and I respect that, but it wasn't a documentary, just an interpretation, as are many.
I found myself believing most of it, and that's good enough for me.

It's not meant to be a documentary. First 2 episodes are slow, especially the first episode and in those earlier episodes in particular i noticed an annoyingly excessive overuse of soundtracks, it was every other minute at one point.

Later episodes were much better. Felt like a series that should have been 8-10 episodes long though with the slow start, it ended just as it was starting. Enjoyed it, will watch more

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.