Saturday Heroes

Cheesy

Back in 78 Nationwide released a booklet about City called "Saturday Heroes" covering the 77-78 season. As a kid this was my most prized possession as it was a present from my Dad. Anyway, I've kept it safe through the years and through many house moves as it was of real sentimental value.

At least I thought I had :-(

Sorting through old stuff today as we've got builders in soon, and I get to the box I thought it was in and.... gone. Gutted, isn't the word. It has got lost somewhere along the way, though god knows where & when.

Anyway, it obviously won't be the same, but I'd love to get another copy of it. I know it's a (very!) remote chance but would anyone have one, or know of someone who has one, who would be willing to sell?

Cheers.

6olamr.jpg

Who's the Gareth Cheesman lookalike directly behind Swales ?
1976+directors.jpg

"Pictured on the left is Ian Niven, a huge City fan and owner of City pub the Fletcher's Arms who, along with fellow director Chris Muir, was the driving force behind the success of the Junior Blues. Next to him is vice-chairman Simon Cussons, the managing director of the Cussons soap company, who was bringing new marketing ideas to City. Next is finance director John Humphreys, the managing director of shirt supplier Umbro. He was an astute businessman who once ensured that every team in the 1966 World Cup wore Umbro shirts. And just as astute was the man beside him, Robert Harris, the chairman of Great Universal Stores, who was renowned as a fierce negotiator."

I am sure a psychologist would have really interesting things to say about this picture. It's all about Swales for one thing.
check out the initials on the tracksuits of the coaches stood together, dave ewing and bill taylor. haha.
1976+staff+DEBT.jpg

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.