Schalke Travel Plans

As I live in Gelsenkirchen it’s obviously the draw of my dreams.

Some will stay in Düsseldorf, some in Dortmund and some in Gelsenkirchen. What I can highly recommend is Bochum. Big town with a great party mile in the City Center called the “Bermudadreieck”. Plenty of great bars...Even if you have a hotel in Gelsenkirchen or Dortmund I think it’s a great place for a drink the night before. From both towns only about 20min by train. Gelsenkirchen and Dortmund are ghost towns at midweek. If you have any questions, just ask me.

http://www.bermuda3eck.de/veranstaltungen/veranstaltungsorte/

Hi I've booked flights to cologne but staying in dusseldorf am I best of getting a train to dusseldorf from cologne and what prices am I likely to pay.

Hi I've booked flights to cologne but staying in dusseldorf am I best of getting a train to dusseldorf from cologne and what prices am I likely to pay.
Best way is by train. There are direct trains to Düsseldorf Main Station, or you travel via Cologne Main Station. Will take you 50-60min and costs are about 12-15€.

Liverpool - Amsterdam Return Easyjet: fly out Tuesday afternoon, night in the dam then 2h train to gelsenkirchen matchday return on thursday for a few more hours in the dam. £240 all in inc. two nights accommodation.
Went via Amsterdam for Monchengladbach loved it

Seem to be one of the lucky ones that hasn't had my Manc > Düsseldorf flights cancelled. Hoping it stays that way but think I was one of the first to book, so that may be why.

Staying at Duisburg hbf as it was a good compromise of price, and ease of getting back to after the game and then getting to the airport earlyish the next day. I will probably drink on the Wednesday in Essen or Bochum though.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.