Scum Hunter Shoots Cecil the Lion

I'm getting more outraged over this by the hour, i'm getting outraged at how outraged I am, it's outrageous, meanwhile i'm having mashed potato for tea

OK so stick to those reasons then, rather than bringing it down to money. If the Lion had an economic price or value....
It's very easy to sit on a high horse in a rich country, but it's a bit harder to be so principled when you live somewhere like a poor area of Zimbabwe. The country is on its arse. Money is what puts food on your kids' table every night (or not as the case may be in some of the poorer areas). That's why it's important to make sure that tourism and a nature reserve brings in at least as much money as farming or other activities, otherwise they won't exist much longer. Tourism provides jobs for local people and give their kids a future. That's what I mean by money. Rich countries can sustain vast areas of nature without worrying to much about money, but in poorer countries, it has to work with the people, because they're not going to be too keen on policies to protect vast areas of wildlife when they're struggling to make a living themselves. In an area where land could be used for lots of different things, it's important to make sure the nature reserve is an economically prosperous one.

Anybody who wants to kill anything and then decapitate it and skin it has to have a screw loose.

It's very easy to sit on a high horse in a rich country, but it's a bit harder to be so principled when you live somewhere like a poor area of Zimbabwe. The country is on its arse. Money is what puts food on your kids' table every night (or not as the case may be in some of the poorer areas). That's why it's important to make sure that tourism and a nature reserve brings in at least as much money as farming or other activities, otherwise they won't exist much longer. Tourism provides jobs for local people and give their kids a future. That's what I mean by money. Rich countries can sustain vast areas of nature without worrying to much about money, but in poorer countries, it has to work with the people, because they're not going to be too keen on policies to protect vast areas of wildlife when they're struggling to make a living themselves. In an area where land could be used for lots of different things, it's important to make sure the nature reserve is an economically prosperous one.
I'm not sure why he keeps pecking your head about it. Your original point was perfectly valid.

Valid points. Could be improved by stressing the need for it to be sustainable. For Lion safaris,, you need lions. A simple point i know.

But i agree with Dubai your original point was perfectly valid and Aguero 93 is for some reason trying to troll you.

maybe people should pay to hunt the poor,that way there would be less people so more food for the rest,poor people are only a drain on food/money .

we could do it over hear,hunt the jezzer kyle stars ,you could even make it into a show, celebrity hunting ,ill get onto simon cowell

Valid points. Could be improved by stressing the need for it to be sustainable. For Lion safaris,, you need lions. A simple point i know.

But i agree with Dubai your original point was perfectly valid and Aguero 93 is for some reason trying to troll you.

No, I'm not, the reasons for protecting wildlife shouldn't be economic. If they are then the lion would have a price. If the lion has a price then his other points are void.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.