Season Tickets - 2024/25

They are chiselling you the terms haven't changed it clearly states and adult is up to 64 and OAP concession from 65.

A shame City Matters are going along with it so easily, it is a clear maladministration case and is indefensible.
That's how I read it too and how it applied to me almost five years ago. A stealth tax on FOCs by the club as they are twisting how it is being applied

They are chiselling you the terms haven't changed it clearly states and adult is up to 64 and OAP concession from 65.

A shame City Matters are going along with it so easily, it is a clear maladministration case and is indefensible.
So under those current rules, someone 65 years 9 months on 1st August 2024 should get the concessionary rate for 2024/25 season.

Let’s see if they change those rules at the end of this season!

Maybe they are doing something I mentioned in a different thread.people retiring now retire at 66, soon to rise to 67 retirement and pension age. So maybe qualifying age will follow the pension age for next season.
Don’t know that though just a guess.

Maybe they are doing something I mentioned in a different thread.people retiring now retire at 66, soon to rise to 67 retirement and pension age. So maybe qualifying age will follow the pension age for next season.
Don’t know that though just a guess.
The club should publish any changes not have people guessing. The pension age has been over 65 for years, the increase to 66 was gradual, and women have always have had to wait until 65 for STs discount not their state pension age which was historically 60.

You can retire and take your pension at 10 years before the state pension age, more people do now if they can or go semi-retired. Only the poor will work flat out until 67 or 68.

The club should publish any changes not have people guessing. The pension age has been over 65 for years, the increase to 66 was gradual, and women have always have had to wait until 65 for STs discount not their state pension age which was historically 60.

You can retire and take your pension at 10 years before the state pension age, more people do now if they can or go semi-retired. Only the poor will work flat out until 67 or
I don't class myself as poor, but will have to work my time out.

I don't class myself as poor, but will have to work my time out.
You won’t be alone. I was diagnosed with an illness in my early 30s which meant I didn’t know if I could work much past my fifties, so I had to boost my personal pension just in case. Still not enough to retire much earlier than 67 though and that’s for someone who has been putting in extra for 20 years. Luckily I can still work. I could possibly retire if I cut out luxuries like football but that ain’t happening.

West Ham changed their OAP season ticket age from 65 to 66 in line with the state pension age. My birthday is in October so the season I turned 65 I had to pay the full amount for my season ticket. But then for any cup games after my birthday I was only charged the OAP price.

No,you are wrong.
As Chappie has already stated,it's always mid - August,when the new season starts.
My birthday is the end of June ( I was 65 in 2021 ) and I got my first over- 65 discounted ticket for season 2021-22.
This current season is my 3rd season as an over 65.
Looking forward to mine, 65 on the 3rd May, coincidentally the 26th anniversary of our relegation to the old third tier at Stoke City, I’ve never felt so deflated at a game in my life. We battered Stoke who also went down but Bradford City and Huddersfield stitched us up losing at home to Portsmouth and Port Vale to send us down.

My Bradford supporting mate says the outcome of their match was predetermined as they were singing “City’s going down” all through the game. Huddersfield lost 4-0 at home to Port Vale who stayed up.

Thanks for the reply.

I contacted Mike at City Matters who has looked into it and he has confirmed, like the reply to me from the club, you have to be aged 66 on the 1st August to receive the over 65 discount.

Maybe the rules have changed since you were 65, but that is the position now.
I’m confused, my mate was 65 on the 20th Feb and has received the discount on the Copenhagen and Newcastle tickets so would expect the over 65 discount next season.

You can retire and take your pension at 10 years before the state pension age, more people do now if they can or go semi-retired. Only the poor will work flat out until 67 or 68.
I agree they should publish,good point about women waiting previously. to but your other point only the poor work until pension age, think most working people do. But it’s probably those that need a reduction, not so much those that can afford to retire at 55, who weren’t getting any reduction anyway.
Not saying it’s what’s happened though just a guess.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.