Seasoncard - 2021/22

I have loads of cards, Bus pass, railcard, store cards, membership cards for Cricket Club, local members Club, Debit and Credit cards. I don't put them all In my wallet only the cards I need. Loose your mobile and you've lost everything and your life becomes to a panicking sudden halt. Seen it happen!
You can back up your phone

If BM is anything to go by, City have clearly succeeded in making quite a lot of people fall out of love with the game and the Club that most of us have followed for all our lifetimes. Given the obvious fan disgruntlement with VAR, you would have thought they would be doing all they could post-Covid to retain Matchday support. In fact they appear to have done the opposite and are now making us jump through hoops for the privilege ! I'm reasonably tech-savvy but I don't like the idea of digital ticketing for football matches. Elsewhere yes, but footy, no. Too many negatives about it and TBH very few positives from a fan's point of view. I've renewed, but I don't like the way in which it's all been done. I don't like the direction Soriano & Co are taking us either. We're now being told what's best for us - not a good business strategy IMHO, but heigh-ho if it's seats full of tourists they want then so be it. Really pissed off with City about this - for me it's taken some of the shine off looking forward to the season.

You can back up your phone

For many it is just too much hassle. Now I'm an old time fan but I do have a mobile and somehow managed to get the Everton ticket onto it. I had problems at the first barrier but got through in the end, I believe the steward just said it worked to let me through. Thankfully the barcode operated the actual turnstile. It was stressful, I hated having to put some bloody Google wallet onto my phone to put the ticket in. I have no idea how to back up my phone, nor do I want to go onto online tutorials to try and learn how to do it. Just send me and others a bloody plastic card that we are used to and pay a good wedge to own.

What I don't get here is,, they must know as a club the stress and shit older fans like me had to go through at Porto with all this shit,, pcr 2nd day ect.. Ect..,, seriously why the fuck woukd they do this,,, I don't get why there trying to piss genuine fans like myself of,, fucking beggers belief,,, I dread to think how much I've personally spent over 38 years,, I find it incredible why they won't help the older generation

The younger 1s I get,, love this kind of shit,, but why the fuck would you do this to your loyal fan base?

For many it is just too much hassle. Now I'm an old time fan but I do have a mobile and somehow managed to get the Everton ticket onto it. I had problems at the first barrier but got through in the end, I believe the steward just said it worked to let me through. Thankfully the barcode operated the actual turnstile. It was stressful, I hated having to put some bloody Google wallet onto my phone to put the ticket in. I have no idea how to back up my phone, nor do I want to go onto online tutorials to try and learn how to do it. Just send me and others a bloody plastic card that we are used to and pay a good wedge to own.
I understand your concerns and share many of them. The back-up stuff is a red herring as any modern phone will back up automatically. You don’t need to do anything. Lose your phone and register a replacement and all this data will re-emerge.

The barcode/QR code is not read at the turnstiles. That is the real problem. They are trying to be far too cleaver by using NFC technology. Except that it doesn’t appear to work far too often.

I have used barcodes and QR codes to gain admittance to football matches, speedway, cinemas, and theatres in Scotland and never had a problem. The one time I tried to use NFC at the Everton match it fell over.

We are not making up stories here. The system has been used once and proved to be shit.

I understand your concerns and share many of them. The back-up stuff is a red herring as any modern phone will back up automatically. You don’t need to do anything. Lose your phone and register a replacement and all this data will re-emerge.

The barcode/QR code is not read at the turnstiles. That is the real problem. They are trying to be far too cleaver by using NFC technology. Except that it doesn’t appear to work far too often.

I have used barcodes and QR codes to gain admittance to football matches, speedway, cinemas, and theatres in Scotland and never had a problem. The one time I tried to use NFC at the Everton match it fell over.

We are not making up stories here. The system has been used once and proved to be shit.
If it was just a code,, you could screen shot or what ever,, I may roll with that,,, so why as you said trying to be clever,, it's not as if there average age fan is 25 Is it

If it was just a code,, you could screen shot or what ever,, I may roll with that,,, so why as you said trying to be clever,, it's not as if there average age fan is 25 Is it
No it will be embedded in the chips in the phone. It is not a optical thing like a QR or bar code so a screenshot would be useless.

If the club do permit print at home tickets, obviously this would change things and would rather undermine the whole ‘project’. That would clearly show that they were backing off from the whole shit-show.

I suspect that the club have been sold a pup and do not want to be seen to be backing down. The justification of ‘security’ is bullshit. They are creating a solution to a problem that does not exist. Unless you consider card sharing to be a fundamental issue?

The club are really testing the loyalty of many supporters with this issue. Another clusterfuck on the scale of the Everton match will be a major problem.

Have City got so many supporters that they can afford to piss off so many?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.