Seasoncard Amnesty

So... if I decide not to change my season ticket in to my name for the time being (as i don't want to lose points), post COVID I could attend as normal without having ID?

THAT is the question. Are City using the Amnesty, photo ID as a means of reinforcing track and trace during the covid period or will it continue in years to come? I have no horse in this race, my ticket is in my name and easily sells on the exchange if I'm not there.

My worry is that photo ID and no sharing of tickets between households ushers in a new relationship between supporter and the club, one that pushes all to buying on the exchange at matchday prices.

Having spoken to the club Friday and seeing the statement since, I asked what if I didn’t want to go back during the pandemic? Would my season cards be held for 2021/22 season and it looks as though that’s now the case.
The reason I don’t want to go during this time is I’ve had it, I’ve had it early on pre lockdown and it sucked big time. I dont want it again as I was rough as hell for 3 weeks and even now some 5 months on I am still having issues. I’m not too old at 42 and I wasn’t in an unfit state, but if I can avoid catching it again I’ll do all I can to make sure that’s the case.
I’ve also had to change my dads season card in to my daughters name, he passed away nearly 2 years ago and the club knew of this and were happy to leave it in his name so my father in law could use it or we upgraded it on a match day for my wife to use. Now under 5’s will have to pay (I think that’s wrong to be honest) then it made sense to add my 2 year olds name to the ticket to save money.
It looks like we won’t have to renew if I read it right and our ticket will roll over to 2021/22 if we want or if the stadium opens up fully again? I just can’t see many being at the stadium before 2021. If that’s the case then I may get to go again but while it’s like this I’ll be giving it a wide birth.
Don't blame you mate given what you've been through. The statement on the MCFC website does make it clear that if you want or have to stay away in 20/21 your seasoncard renewal will be treated as"deferred".

Just mentioning this as you seem.a little uncertain. Hope your health keeps up after your horrible experience.

What’s the likelihood of away fans being allowed attend games pretty slim I’d imagine.

What’s the likelihood of away fans being allowed attend games pretty slim I’d imagine.

There is actually nothing banning away fans from attending it’s just the clubs will prioritise home fans (and rightly so) while capacity is reduced.

There is actually nothing banning away fans from attending it’s just the clubs will prioritise home fans (and rightly so) while capacity is reduced.

The premier league handbook 2020/21 published on 11th August 2020 actually said it is still the usual lower of 10% or 3k.

However the document was removed from their website since, but can be found in cached. The only reason it said the above didn't apply is if it was behind closed doors, nothing about reduced capacity though.

I reckon this bit is being revised along with a few other bits. They have already accounted for reduced revenue from last season and therefore lower parachute payments.

Sure I read somewhere that away fans won't be allowed for the time being.

I had a brief discussion with my account manager yesterday as they wanted to outline the possible options for me next season. Part of my terms (what I have already paid for) include guaranteed away tickets and that came up in the conversation.Nothing has been confirmed in stone yet regarding anything but they confirmed although away fans could be included in part of the reduced capacity all the PL clubs have agreed to prioritise home fans until capacity it back to normal levels.

Tbh I thought it would be more the government not wanting 1000’s of supporters traveling all over the country using all different forms of transport

I used trains between London and Liverpool plus Manchester and London at the weekend. They were dead.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.