Seasoncard Renewals 2017/18

So you renewed to watch shit
But your not gonna renew and pay a few quid more to watch Gabriel Jesus ?

That could really apply to any of the recent increases or any future ones as ticket sales aren't the major revenue stream any longer. Yet can we really expect them to stay the same forever?

See if you can spot the difference between hypothetical scenarios:

"I've seen a large increase in wages over the past years, and my season ticket has risen slightly, oh well, my increase in disposable income more than covers it. :) "

"I've not had a pay rise for years, living costs are going up, and now to top it off, my season ticket has increased slightly, despite an increase in sponsorship and the largest TV right deals ever."

I renewed when Pearce was manager mate. I'll ask again as no one telling me I'm a moaning bastard has been able to answer: why do we need an increase for next season?

If you don't know why the club increased for next season then I'm guessing not many on here would know either.

Perhaps it's all about meeting targets so the faceless suits can claim their bonus?

"I've seen a large increase in wages over the past years, and my season ticket has risen slightly, oh well, my increase in disposable income more than covers it. :) "

They still wouldn't need to rise though, would they? That was the question PB asked. As it's not the major revenue stream these days any small rise is going to have only a negligible affect on the club's profit and I'm sue we wouldn't want a rise that would make a major difference to the profits. So ultimately they never really need to rise again for the foreseeable future but I bet they do ;-)

I'm sure some people have had increases in wages over and above the price rise while others haven't but again that's going to pretty much always be the case.

Obviously I'd prefer prices not to increase but we did have a freeze last year and this year's increase is quite minor for most I suspect. There are still a good variety of tickets available at pretty much all price ranges.

They still wouldn't need to rise though, would they? That was the question PB asked. As it's not the major revenue stream these days any small rise is going to have only a negligible affect on the club's profit and I'm sue we wouldn't want a rise that would make a major difference to the profits. So ultimately they never really need to rise again for the foreseeable future but I bet they do ;-)

I'm sure some people have had increases in wages over and above the price rise while others haven't but again that's going to pretty much always be the case.

Obviously I'd prefer prices not to increase but we did have a freeze last year and this year's increase is quite minor for most I suspect. There are still a good variety of tickets available at pretty much all price ranges.

Absolutely agree, but I was addressing the "do you expect them to stay the same forever?" argument, pretty much agreeing that no, I could understand small price rises in a better economic climate, without massive amounts of money coming in from all corners of the globe.

That could really apply to any of the recent increases or any future ones as ticket sales aren't the major revenue stream any longer. Yet can we really expect them to stay the same forever?
If you've ever read anything I've written in KOTK or posted on here about ticket prices over the years, I've been consistent that it's the one revenue stream that's lagged well behind our rivals and we should expect to see increases. And over the years they have increased to a level where, considering the size of our fan-base and the fact we're not a London club, we have pretty well caught up.

But last season, with the increase in corporate & premium seats and the mix the matches we played, we should have been very close to Liverpool and we weren't. In fact the revenue per seat per game went down instead of up. That suggests that the ceiling for tickets is currently no more than 50,000 people and probably a bit less. Simple economics says that if supply exceeds demand (as it currently does) then prices should fall not rise. Even the Glazers understand this as they put prices up to a level where demand levelled off and since then haven't put them up for about 6 years.

That's why we need to put the prices up then ;-)

Seriously though, is that just based on tickets sold or also on food/drink etc?
I've taken what we report as match-day income and divided by the number of games and the capacity. I don't think catering comes into it as the catering company pay us for the concession and I believe any revenue from sales is theirs.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.