Seasoncard Renewals 2017/18

No advanced knowledge of prices doesn't help matters. I admire the spirit of those who think we could see a reduction but I think they're spitting in the wind with that school of thought.

I need to relocate. The movement of people from 93:20 in to their corporate area against the movement of those coming out of 212 etc causes single file on the concourse at half time and it's a nightmare. Try and get a drink, relieve yourself and return to your seat before the second half kicks off. Ain't happening.

50/50 as to whether I renew or not. I probably will but I no longer enjoy going.

That last sentence on it's own is a damning statement of where we stand, I actually think there may be better than 25% of fans who no longer enjoy the experience but put up with it for the love of the club.

I used to love going to games - but these days (or rather nights to be honest) it just seems like a grind.

Oh and yes, before anyone says it, the club will soon find an arse to fill my seat (I just hope it's big enough lol) - but in 10 years time if it goes tits up will they still be there???

Being down south for a few days after the semi just reminded me of the gulf between us and them. Starter flats are about £400K and I assume wages support that. 5 quid a pint - you are having a laugh! We are not in that market and our ticket prices need to reflect that. Especially when we don't have the tourist base up here that feed Utd & Liverpool. Used to pay 25p as a junior in the Kippax when I first started going in 1974. There was no reason not to go at that price and led to a lifetime commitment. Keep the prices down and we will come!

Wages don't begin to support starter flats at £400K, not unless you work in the City or similar. Most of these places are bought to let. It's almost impossible for anybody under 35 to buy unless supported by the bank of Mum and Dad (or the legacy from Grandmum and Grandad, whose houses will have increased in value a thousand times or more).

We're catching up!

Having a drink in the Alchamist in Didsbury. Recently opened.

"Bottle of Proper Job(500ml) please."

Opened.

"£5.80 please."

"Ah!!"

"I can get 4 bottles of Proper Job at Tescos for £6."

"Erm....."

First and last visit.

They could look at reviewing the loyalty aspect of having a season ticket.

Just off the top of my head:
1) after 10 years consecutive ...half price for that season or free. Little to be lost by club in income terms. A small token for long term loyalty

2) offer a chance to trade loyalty points accumulated to offset the price of ticket ie 1000 Pts is worth 100 pound. Give you the option if you maintain the points or use to assist your season ticket outlay.

With the computer systems and technology it is not too dissimilar to online shopping entering promotion codes. Unlikely to happen but a reward system of some sort would be a good news story to the season ticket holders.

Cynical and not true either.
That's your opinion, mine has been formed from the experience of getting in. It has f**k all to do with security, the searches are hopeless, and I'll wager that tomorrow night they also be minimalist, because of the potential for trouble between fans, the police will tell the club to get people in quickly.

Wages don't begin to support starter flats at £400K, not unless you work in the City or similar. Most of these places are bought to let. It's almost impossible for anybody under 35 to buy unless supported by the bank of Mum and Dad (or the legacy from Grandmum and Grandad, whose houses will have increased in value a thousand times or more).

Security searches aren't there to stop people taking drink and food into the ground.

Why is some midle aged Manc going to blow himself and fellow City fans up, especially as he's been a season ticket holder all his life.

Some of you on here have to get f***ing real.
The club is taking the piss out of us. And you are taking the piss out of us as well by trying to justify the searches by backing the club on this.

Deary me!

Most of the fans I used to go with have given it up over the past 2/3 years including myself. It was never about affordability, it was the principle of it as the club continued to needlessly increase season ticket prices. It makes it that bit less enjoyable when you know the club couldn't care less about the 30-40k hardcore supporters we have.

Fair dues. Must be a right struggle on property ladder. But inflated prices down there do impact on us as the club will benchmark Arse/Chelsea prices to justify our supposed great value tickets. My season ticket costs about £30 a game. I earn about £200 a week so it is a big shout for me.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.