Seat Counters - 2023/24

It doesn’t really happen at cup games though because the singing gets drowned out because the away fans are under the roof and our songs can’t get going. A few goals will help of course!
It’s quite incredible that we give the away fans the best stand in the house for noise.

When I was in SS1 for a cup game once, I couldn’t hear anything at all above when Burnley had both tiers. I also can’t hear SS1 when up in SS3 (might be someone thing to do with my shit hearing but it never soubds that great.)

The atmosphere will be Geordie driven until we score ! That’s what we will need to do. Take control of the game early and put it to bed. We have a very good record at home against them though so fingers crossed.

It’s quite incredible that we give the away fans the best stand in the house for noise.

When I was in SS1 for a cup game once, I couldn’t hear anything at all above when Burnley had both tiers. I also can’t hear SS1 when up in SS3 (might be someone thing to do with my shit hearing but it never soubds that great.)

The atmosphere will be Geordie driven until we score ! That’s what we will need to do. Take control of the game early and put it to bed. We have a very good record at home against them though so fingers crossed.
Yep, the way that the sound only really carries from the top tiers is really apparent in these types of games if you sit on the north side of the stadium. I remember us playing Chelsea last season and my lads were in the south stand lower and they came back to the car saying they hadnt heard the Chelsea fans all night. The truth was that the Chelsea fans were miles louder.

An acoustics expert would show you exactly why but it’s all about the roof and the way sound bounces. It’s a bit the same when we play at Newcastle. From that top tier away end you can only really hear noise when the whole ground gets going. It’s made out wembkey semi finals shit for atmosphere usually too. The vocal fans go on the bottom tiers and they can’t get the songs spreading well. Then they get clapping to try to get it going and it gets worse.

Our best Wembley atmosphere of the last ten years was last year’s cup final and pretty much every song that really got going started at the back of the top tier and spread down, and it was the anthems not the clappy ones which spread.

I don’t believe the club even know this. It’s like they done everything they possibly can since the move to the stadium to actively damage the atmosphere.

Yep, the way that the sound only really carries from the top tiers is really apparent in these types of games if you sit on the north side of the stadium. I remember us playing Chelsea last season and my lads were in the south stand lower and they came back to the car saying they hadnt heard the Chelsea fans all night. The truth was that the Chelsea fans were miles louder.

An acoustics expert would show you exactly why but it’s all about the roof and the way sound bounces. It’s a bit the same when we play at Newcastle. From that top tier away end you can only really hear noise when the whole ground gets going. It’s made out wembkey semi finals shit for atmosphere usually too. The vocal fans go on the bottom tiers and they can’t get the songs spreading well. Then they get clapping to try to get it going and it gets worse.

Our best Wembley atmosphere of the last ten years was last year’s cup final and pretty much every song that really got going started at the back of the top tier and spread down, and it was the anthems not the clappy ones which spread.

I don’t believe the club even know this. It’s like they done everything they possibly can since the move to the stadium to actively damage the atmosphere.

The song choice is not the best at times. Anthems spread. Howling like a wolf doesn’t.

FFP isn’t the reason City are charging £30 for an under 18’s ticket against Newcastle. Because if it is, as a minimum, City are losing £100,000 in ticket, food, drink, and merchandise sales with the unsold tickets.(Johnny Ball, think of a number)

City’s recent record revenue was £713mill. The profit was 80mill. With figures like that the club could have easily priced the tickets accordingly for the QF of the FA Cup, especially for the under 18’s/kids.
I don't think so, football is a business, even more so with ffp, all clubs have number crunchers and their job is to increase turnover, that's their job, so if they think they can charge £30 for an under 18 ticket they will.
On a side note I got an email stating under 18 from £17.50 ? It was definitely under £20 so where do you get £30 ?

FFP isn’t the reason City are charging £30 for an under 18’s ticket against Newcastle. Because if it is, as a minimum, City are losing £100,000 in ticket, food, drink, and merchandise sales with the unsold tickets.(Johnny Ball, think of a number)

City’s recent record revenue was £713mill. The profit was 80mill. With figures like that the club could have easily priced the tickets accordingly for the QF of the FA Cup, especially for the under 18’s/kids.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20240314-234009_Email.jpg
    Screenshot_20240314-234009_Email.jpg
    977.8 KB · Views: 30
I think £17.50 were the cheapest kids tickets for people in the cup scheme. They’re £10 more for people who don’t have STs, and there’s only £30 ones left on the planner.
That's fair enough but posters keep harping on about £30 for under 18's is bollocks, we get enough stick without city fans putting the boot in.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.