Seat Counters - 2023/24

Fair play mate.

I've given my reasons why I don't think it's appropriate for the email to be posted on this forum. I would ask one question of the fella who posted it, so here goes.

@Ashleymcduff - If and when KP gets to the bottom of it and puts together a list of 200 "offenders" and sends it to the branches. If you have access to the report (which would appear to be the case) will you publish that list on here as well?
The thing is with this happening, it's not as bad people are making out. It's a few people (200) who have probably made a mistake and just bought their own as they didn't want to wait. Its pretty hard to manage as OSCs are saying tickets are allocated please wait but then people see nearly all tickets are gone people panic. It's human error but on here people thinking they are taking the piss

The thing is with this happening, it's not as bad people are making out. It's a few people (200) who have probably made a mistake and just bought their own as they didn't want to wait. Its pretty hard to manage as OSCs are saying tickets are allocated please wait but then people see nearly all tickets are gone people panic. It's human error but on here people thinking they are taking the piss
I know one of the people in this situation and this is exactly what happened with them.

It was a completely honest mistake, no one in my branch was trying to take more than their fair share of tickets.

As you can probably guess by my username I'm part of a US-based branch, and the assertion Dodge made that "everyone knows the rules" is absolutely wrong.

We were never given clear and proper information about rules and restrictions surrounding exactly how ticket allocations work for the OSC. In this case a supporter needed an extra ticket and honestly thought this was the correct and proper way to do it. It's not like this person is trying to snatch tickets away from other honest fans or re-sell them.

I'm not giving out more details than that other than to say both this supporter and myself were confused about several aspects of the allocation and request process.

I've even looked through both the Supporters' Charter and the OSC rules and did not find anything about this kind of situation.

People on this board need to understand not everyone is a lifer, we now literally have OSC branches in every corner of the globe and some of them have not been around very long. There are also plenty of long-time City fans who rarely or never get tickets through the OSC and are also unfamiliar with their rules.

I can't speak for everyone who made an extra request through the OSC they shouldn't have, obviously, but there's some pretty over-the-top anger in this thread. I understand that everyone wants to get a ticket but it isn't fair to assume bad intent from everyone who isn't intimately familiar with the policies. Maybe some are trying to hoard tickets or re-sell them at a mark-up, but it's pretty easy to make an honest mistake when there's a mad scramble for tickets to a big final.

Last edited:
I know one of the people in this situation and this is exactly what happened with them.

It was a completely honest mistake, no one in my branch was trying to take more than their fair share of tickets.

As you can probably guess by my username I'm part of a US-based branch, and the assertion Dodge made that "everyone knows the rules" is absolutely wrong.

We were never given clear and proper information about rules and restrictions surrounding exactly how ticket allocations work for the OSC. In this case a supporter needed an extra ticket and honestly thought this was the correct and proper way to do it. It's not like this person is trying to snatch tickets away from other honest fans or re-sell them.

I'm not giving out more details than that other than to say both this supporter and myself were confused about several aspects of the allocation and request process.

I've even looked through both the Supporters' Charter and the OSC rules and did not find anything about this kind of situation.

People on this board need to understand not everyone is a lifer, we now literally have OSC branches in every corner of the globe and some of them have not been around very long. There are also plenty of long-time City fans who rarely or never get tickets through the OSC and are also unfamiliar with their rules.

I can't speak for everyone who made an extra request through the OSC they shouldn't have, obviously, but there's some pretty over-the-top anger in this thread. I understand that everyone wants to get a ticket but it isn't fair to assume bad intent from everyone who isn't intimately familiar with the policies. Maybe some are trying to hoard tickets or re-sell them at a mark-up, but it's pretty easy to make an honest mistake when there's a mad scramble for tickets to a big final.
Well said. People are diverse and the good, who make the honest mistake, get lumped in with the slightly dodgy who might be trying it on.
I think your last sentence sums it all up very well. It is difficult and more so when there’s a countdown going on. :-) No disrespect to the count downers as they’re doing a grand job of helping keep us up to date. :-)

No as said in my previous reply someone what’s app’s it to me and as I said earlier it was topic for debate .

I’ll delete the post
Fair do's mate. Listen, I get it and your frustration at what is a totally unsatisfactory situation. Hopefully, the guilty parties will be identified (within their branch) and handed ticket bans at a minimum.

Like I said before, we're all Blues and no-one has any right to take tickets away from fellow supporters.

All the best.

Well said. People are diverse and the good, who make the honest mistake, get lumped in with the slightly dodgy who might be trying it on.
I think your last sentence sums it all up very well. It is difficult and more so when there’s a countdown going on. :-) No disrespect to the count downers as they’re doing a grand job of helping keep us up to date. :-)

Very much appreciate this.

I understand why people are frustrated as I know the Final is in high demand especially considering who the opponent is, I was just taken aback at people assuming everyone caught up in this is some kind of cheat or ticket tout.

No one without points has a far share of tickets. You should never get a ticket in front of people with points or a season ticket.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.