Seat Counters - 2023/24

Madness. We're going for a historic 4th title on the trot. The best team that most of us will ever see. And there's still loads of tickets available because of ridiculous pricing. It's not rocket science. A sold out ground with a pumped up atmosphere is worth a goal start. Just reduce prices and let Mancunians in!
100%...no words needed !!

the club don't do any free upgrade games anymore, surely tomorrow night would be perfect considering the fans have lost a weekend home game due to the club world cup, where we no doubt made a fortune. The disconnect between the club and the price of going is so dis heartening, we should be hoovering up fans, not alienating them, good old FFP

They’re clearly in the early stages of a major clampdown on people using concession tickets who aren’t entitled, so there’s no way they’re going back to actively encouraging it. Even on a one off basis.

Madness. We're going for a historic 4th title on the trot. The best team that most of us will ever see. And there's still loads of tickets available because of ridiculous pricing. It's not rocket science. A sold out ground with a pumped up atmosphere is worth a goal start. Just reduce prices and let Mancunians in!
The problem is, the club see your first two sentences as the main justification for charging such obscene prices in the first place. The problem for the club though is, despite what they may think, there are not 1000s waiting in the wings to pay 50 odd quid to watch us play Brentford on a cold damp Tuesday night.

I understand their position to a point…we are the best team in the world right now and therefore watching us comes at a price, as would watching the best team in the world of any other sport. Where I stop understanding their position is their seemingly total lack of understanding that demand against Brentford or Burnley on a midweek winter night is not comparable to demand for a top EPL or CL team. They don’t seem to grasp that people aren’t stupid and they are prepared to pay more for better opposition but less for lesser opposition, not the same for both. The mind boggles.

Regardless of the ticket prices and unsold seats there will also likely be a couple of thousand no shows tomorrow which leads to a very flat atmosphere when hardly any away fans are there.
Agreed, just like Burnley the other week. Nothing the club can do about no shows I suppose, but it doesn’t help when Pep calls the fans out for lack of atmosphere either…would be good if we could enlighten him about the aforementioned reasons for lack of atmopehere on nights like tomorrow, and he might think twice.

I’m not criticising him too much, he probably has no clue about ticket prices and the route causes of lack of atmosphere. Nor should he really, he manages the players not the ticket office. But I do think he should think twice before calling out the fans who spend their hard earned cash supporting the team

Never had so many tickets offered to me, for a game I'm going to, regardless. Seems like a few people can't be bothered. Not everyone.

Dunno why they can't get game refunds and just put on open sale on the day. It's not like fixture rearrangements and TV footy hasn't shafted anyone in recent years and fans need a little empathy.

Go to encourage more people to sell on trust worthy ticket sales accounts on social media always much more tickets going for a fairer price than getting taking the piss out of on the ticket exchange

Theres nearly 10 pages on the ticket section with people trying to shift tickets for tomorrow. Quite bizarre.

The irony is the club made a fortune for the reason this game was called off in the first place, but even back then we all knew it would be a midweek game, it is as it’s Brentford as well because if it was a top 6 clash there’d be very few tickets available.

And there is at least one more midweek at home before end of season v Villa in April

They’re clearly in the early stages of a major clampdown on people using concession tickets who aren’t entitled, so there’s no way they’re going back to actively encouraging it. Even on a one off basis.
left hand right hand. I’ll be in Lanzarote for this and managed to sell my ticket on the exchange scheme. Still getting emails from the club telling me to take some form of id to prove my pensioners ticket

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.