Seeding a uploaded torrent.

Miami Weiss

Hey, having some trouble, I uploaded a torrent to demonoid.com using uTorrent.

But there are no seeds? how do I seed after I upload them so other people can dl them?

A seed is a person/computer, other than yourself. You only get more seeds when people download it and leave it to "seed" which is uploading. When you upload a seed, you are automatically uploading it to other people from there it will escalate, or not if no-one is downloading it.

MCFC-alan88 said:
A seed is a person/computer, other than yourself. You only get more seeds when people download it and leave it to "seed" which is uploading. When you upload a seed, you are automatically uploading it to other people from there it will escalate, or not if no-one is downloading it.

What do I do? It has 11 leechers and 0 seeders and it's been like that for about 4 days.

SkyBlueSky said:
MCFC-alan88 said:

What do I do? It has 11 leechers and 0 seeders and it's been like that for about 4 days.
If you've uploaded the torrent file then anyone who downloads it from you will be a 'leecher' until the leechers have downloadedenough of the file to be able to seed it (when you upload a torrent, the original is broken into smaller manageable chunks that other users d/l). I think that's how it works anyway.

SkyBlueSky said:
MCFC-alan88 said:

does anyone know where the translate button on my computor is :(

SkyBlueSky said:
MCFC-alan88 said:

"Leechers" are downloaders, when their downloads complete, they will turn to Seeders (uploaders). Unless they turn "Seeding" off (thus becoming little bitches). Usually the first few people that download the item will leave it seeding for a while so it can build up a steady base of uploaders. What is the size of the file you are sharing? If it's a large file, and there is only you seeding it, it will take a long time for those people to download it, especially with 11 people uploading it from you, once a few people are seeding, it will be better.

SkyBlueSky said:
MCFC-alan88 said:

Time to cut your losses or find the same content from a different torrent provider, hopefully with a better seed ratio

Zin 'messiah' Zimmer said:
SkyBlueSky said:

Time to cut your losses or find the same content from a different torrent provider, hopefully with a better seed ratio

I uploaded it.

Joycee Banercheck said:
SkyBlueSky said:
If you've uploaded the torrent file then anyone who downloads it from you will be a 'leecher'. I think that's how it works anyway.

This is my understanding of it, I had S3 of the wire 94% d/L for ages but with no seeds eventually someone logged on with in as a seed but all the while I was seeding for every other leech, its just the way it works share and share alike, even though i do just delete the torrent as soon as I have d/l'd

SkyBlueSky said:
Zin 'messiah' Zimmer said:

I uploaded it.

Remove the one you uploaded before. Add the same one as a new name, get a friend or another of your computers to download it (one) sending it to one person will go faster than 11. Then get a group of friends to get it from each other one at a time, creating a platform for your torrent. That would work.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.