Seko Fofana

Latics Fan SJK

Mods - wasn't sure which forum was the right one to put this in, so feel free to move....

We're being linked with this lad - so what's he like?

Try not to take offence when I say the last few loanees from you have been pretty underwhelming.

Scapuzzi was OK.
Mancini was utter tripe.
Plummer was utter tripe.
Rusnak had something but also had an attitude.

I wont just put it at your feet though, as I also thought Harry Bunn was distinctly average for us yet he's recently been featuring for Huddersfield I believe.

I've seen a few references along the lines of "the new Yaya", but I tend to take comments like that very lightly.

I'm not sure why we're interested in him (if we are) as our midfield has been our best asset so far this season, so if the links are true then he must have something about him.

Cheers!

There is a thread about him in the EDS forum.

However,as he's being linked......hes a poweful but inconsistent midfield general.The comparisons with yaya are down to his physique and his ability to surge forward and score the occasional screamer.He needs this loan imo.

Fofana is a strong central midfielder who draws comparisons from Yaya and Pogba due to physique and appearance. He is quite inconsistent for the EDS, however, much like Yaya, when he does sparkle he smashes one into the top corner from 30yards (hit YouTube and see his goals against Reading and Benfica). He's reasonably strong on the ball from the 10-12 times I've seen him live. Can't really comment from the passing side of his game, it's not bad, but nothing to shout about. Same about his vision. His best positions are as follows
1133367_Manchester_City.jpg
(ignore the top bit, had to have 11 shirts).

Hes brilliant. One of my favorite players in the EDS team. A bit like Yaya (when he can be arsed) makes it look like men vs boys

Mancini and Scapuzzi should probably have never been at City in all honesty, particularly Mancini (who was just here because his dad was trying to get him a career). Plummer is an ok defender but another one with League 1 potential (at best) IMO.
Rusnak now is Cambuur's star player in the Eredivisie, and they are massively overachieving in 3rd place.

All of these have been below average EDS players (even Rusnak wasn't that highly rated).

Fofana, however, is one of the best at the club. Very Yaya like, tons of ability on the ball: dribbling, passing, finishing and fantastic at scoring from distance. He's also very physically strong and fast.

All in all Plummer, Scapuzzi and Mancini were never going be City players, Fofana might be.

[video]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4WjmmmptOpI[/video]

[video]http://youtu.be/f-PwP7cH9zg?t=3m15s[/video]

kun said:
Mancini and Scapuzzi should probably have never been at City in all honesty, particularly Mancini (who was just here because his dad was trying to get him a career). Plummer is an ok defender but another one with League 1 potential (at best) IMO.
Rusnak now is Cambuur's star player in the Eredivisie, and they are massively overachieving in 3rd place.

All of these have been below average EDS players (even Rusnak wasn't that highly rated).

Fofana, however, is one of the best at the club. Very Yaya like, tons of ability on the ball: dribbling, passing, finishing and fantastic at scoring from distance. He's also very physically strong and fast.

All in all Plummer, Scapuzzi and Mancini were never going be City players, Fofana might be.

[video]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4WjmmmptOpI[/video]

[video]http://youtu.be/f-PwP7cH9zg?t=3m15s[/video]
That might be overselling him just a tad bit. Does definetly not have tons of ability on the ball, but what he lacks thereoff he makes up for in being powerfull.
My 3 keys words for him would be:
Powerful - (Eye for goal) - Inconsistent

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.