Semi finals (City v Real and A Madrid v Bayern)

I understand that and the intentions are honourable. I just believe, having discussed with a range of non blues that the majority:
1) have no idea why we are booing
2) perceive as a negative that the fans would boo a competition we are doing rather well in. Bit like slagging off your host at a party
3) sweep this into the general media fed negative bias against city
4) those that do connect it with UEFA, think it's a futile gesture that no other club does

You could say, who gives a toss what non blues think which is a valid argument, but bearing in mind the clubs objective to reach out globally to new fans and grow the city brand, I think continuing this throws us in a negative light and does little to embarrass those that it is aimed at.
I don't class Uefa as the party host. They didn't invent football and they certainly don't own it. They just think they do.

I don't class Uefa as the party host. They didn't invent football and they certainly don't own it. They just think they do.
No, I agree that they don't own football. But they do for now run the champions league competition that our stated ambition is to win. Everyone to their own. If if makes you feel better in yourself continuing to boo the anthem, lead on Macduff. I just think it has outlived its usefulness.

No, I agree that they don't own football. But they do for now run the champions league competition that our stated ambition is to win. Everyone to their own. If if makes you feel better in yourself continuing to boo the anthem, lead on Macduff. I just think it has outlived its usefulness.
I think it's just starting. Even UEFAlona fans bood and whistled it last week. We're making more and more fans wake up to the fuckers!

It was never done to be useful though, it's a way for us to express our anger at the way the club and fans have been treated. If people want to stop that's fine obviously but I think a great many will carry on

playing away first is vital in my oinion.

out of the teams left i would prefer madrid as i think we could play a similar game to how we played against psg where we can sit deep, frustrate and coutner attack them.

atletico for me are the favourites as they look the best team with the least amount of weaknesses.
Yeah I'd agree with that. Atléti can stifle anyone and are the hardest team to score against I've ever seen.

Does anyone know how the draw works for purposes who plays at home/away first etc? Is it just first out the bag plays at home first?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.