Sending Multiple Texts

Cheesy

This is a copy of the message I've posted on the EE community boards. If anyone on here has any idea on how to solve this issue I'd be most grateful to hear it :-)

Hi all,

About two months ago my Samsung S4 started sending multiple texts (up to 20!) to recipients on a seemingly random basis. I suspected this was the phone going on the blink and as I was due an upgrade anway, decided to get a new phone thinking that this would solve the issue.

Guess what? Yep, it's still happening :-(

So far EE have said it must be the handset (though how they can say this seeing as the previous one did it too is beyond me!). However, to humour them, I've done a factory reset which (not surprisingly) hasn't cured the problem. Their next pearl of wisdom is fpr me to take my phone into a local EE shop and put the SIM card into another phone to see if the problem stiull occurs (how this is going to help I have no idea seeing as the previous phone did it too (I have lost count of the number of times I have told EE this).

However, deciding to humour them again I've phoned my local store and asked them if I can pop in to do this and camp down in their shop for a couple of days to see if the problem is still there. I explained that I'd need to do this as it happens on a seemingly random basis (I have lost count of the number of times I have told EE this). Strangely, they don't appear willing to let me live in there for a couple of days!

So, as it's now become apparent that the 'technical' :smileylol: folk at EE are half-wits, I was wondering if anyone in the EE community had any ideas on how I can solve this issue.

Thanks in advance.

I have a Samsung S6 and occasionally I send a text that the recipient says they received 4 or 5 times.
I also get the odd time where I receive multiple texts.
I'm also with EE.

After a bit of a Google it's not unknown however the solution apparently is. EE's masterstroke seems to be 'turn it off and back on again'.

I would hazard a guess it 's either the network or a faulty sim card. What sort of signal strength do you have when this happens? Is it always from the same location?

Go down to your local EE shop and insist on them replacing the sim with a new one (it'll take them all of 5 minutes to do).

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.