Sergio Aguero - 2016/17 performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
The difference for me is that all the pressure has been on Sergio's shoulders as the only goal scorer of any note. All season long I've wanted us to play two upfront. How many times have we played crosses in the box trying to find the only person in there. I've only seen the highlights, as I was in work last night but it seemed that we played the ball a lot quicker and seemed to be on the front front going forward. I would be very happy if Sergio plays that link up role next season, with Sane, Serg and Jesus scoring for fun.

I'm not sure that is entirely true. we have two of the most creative players in the Premier league in Silva and De Bruyne. I don't think their game has declined notably. The change is down more to Kun I feel as he can't shake the shackles of his markers in the box. I think that's why you see him coming very deep for the ball
Let me refresh your memory:
Remember that over rated goal he scored in that not so important day?
Remember how deep he had to drop to pick up the ball and score that goal?

Explain how a City side with 70% possession throughout a season can struggle to turn that possession into clear cut chances and goals. It's not down to KDB and Silva's lack of creativity. I genuinely believe that Aguero is not quite as sharp as he was when City first signed him. I don't think he is as quick. When was the last time you saw, Silva or KDB play a little angled ball through the defence and Aguero race on to it and slot it past the keeper?

No surprise that when Jesus plays, City's goal output goes through the roof.

If you don't want to see it, far enough. But the evidence is there for you. he's been here for 6 seasons now. His goals to game ratio has dipped significantly this season despite being our main striker for almost the entire season. And as soon as the new boy plays he outguns him significantly. Explain also why he has been dropped by Argentina

I hope he stays at City because he's still a very effective player, but he's no longer the best striker in Europe
I think you are taking stats and adjusting them to suit , yes city have had close to 70% possession but that is useless if you compress every player into their own box, Aguero has been playing against 2 man markers all season and has been since Negrado left

When you say not MOTM like some are saying, you mean the vast majority who watched the game? I'd be interested to know why you rated Sane so highly as well. Was it his booking for diving, or his two corners that went straight out of play, or him running it out of play trying to beat his man a couple of times?
Sane didn't dive in my opinion. I don't think it was a penalty but he went down under pressure from the West Brom player so didn't deserve a booking. But he worked incredibly hard, was so often a threat on the left flank and at one point even popped up to defend in our box (and it wasn't from a set piece). He was often back in our half and both him and Jesus did an incredible job up and down the flanks. He did run the ball out a couple of times early on but that was less times than Aguero failed to control or lost the ball. So that's why I gave him the edge of Aguero slightly. But anyone saying Aguero was MOTM over De Bruyne is talking shit frankly.

The difference for me is that all the pressure has been on Sergio's shoulders as the only goal scorer of any note. All season long I've wanted us to play two upfront. How many times have we played crosses in the box trying to find the only person in there. I've only seen the highlights, as I was in work last night but it seemed that we played the ball a lot quicker and seemed to be on the front front going forward. I would be very happy if Sergio plays that link up role next season, with Sane, Serg and Jesus scoring for fun.

Don't forget Sanchez and Mbappe too!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.