Sergio Aguero - 2016/17 performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thought he was generally poor tonight to be honest. Nice touch for the first goal but he isn't a creative player in a million years. And there were a couple of goal attempts that the old Sergio would have gobbled up.

Not wanting to have a dig but what the fuck were you watching, his movement off the ball to create spaces for others and link up play were outstanding. Just look at Yaya's goal, absolute perfect forward play, drags two defenders out of position but also gives Yaya the option of a safe ball to feet then slots him back in. Without Aguero's movement that goal doesn't happen.

This was his best game in terms of contributing to general play I've seen in a long long time. Him and Gabby look like they could gel together very well.

Pep on Sergio’s performance...

"It doesn’t matter where David went, Fletcher followed him. It didn’t matter where Kevin went, Livermore followed him. I think Sergio has the quality, not just to score goals but to create space behind the defenders. He has the quality to make the pass as well. I’m so, so happy with him today. He didn’t score a goal but he played amazing. Today, he played really good and it was an amazing performance.

"I like the strikers to be involved in the process. I like strikers to arrive in the position, not stay in the position.

This was his best game in terms of contributing to general play I've seen in a long long time. Him and Gabby look like they could gel together very well.
Agree completely, the movement of both was excellent, and created space for others. West Brom came to do the usual parked bus routine, but the movement of Aguero in particular, and Jesus, punched holes in their strategy. We could have won by many more tonight, their keeper made 3 or 4 very good saves. I've been critical of Aguero this season, but tonight showed exactly why he can be a Pep player, and a very good one. I want to see more of him and Jesus together, it could be devastating.

Thought he was unplayable at times, great performance and one that should keep him here. Look forward to him getting the all time scoring record

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.