Sergio Aguero - 2016/17 performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
Did he score? That's his job. He played down the middle against a WBA team who were dead after half an hour, but it was the wide forwards jesus and Sane who looked likelier t score.

I didn't say Aguero played poorly, but the forwards who caused WBA the most problems were Sane and Jesus.

I'm he had a hand in all of the goals scored last night!

Some of the less than positive comments about Kun last night proves emphatically that people see what they want to see.

Well I've watched the first half and logged every touch & involvement he's had. Key involvement in both goals and a couple of other nice touches. He's often coming deep to pick up the ball but every other forward has done far more than he has and there have been a few moments where he doesn't seem to be alert to what's happening around him and has been a second or two too slow to react. A 7/10 performance for me. OK but really not meriting the rave reviews so far.

The problem with that is that it doesn't take account of the running off the ball that a player does. Apart from everything else, Sergio was making runs to distract the opposing defence and open up space in front of them for teammates who either had the ball or were just about to get it.
By the way, for what it's worth, I'd assess him at about 7/10 too. But that's astonishing, when you think that this is a new role for him – he's been cock of the roost, and has never been required to play in this way – which he's still learning. And on the basis of last night, learning bloody effectively.
I dont think he's in a shop window at all. I'd be more astonished about him leaving than virtually everyone else of the old guard, with the possible exception of Silva.

By the way, on the question of goals. I've been trying to hunt down the PL's top scorer when all competitions this season are combined. Last time I looked, it was him, comfortably, but I can't track it down. I note in passing, though, that according to the BBC site his goal rate per minutes played in the PL alone is marginally better than Sanchez and Lukaku (although Kane takes that hands down over everyone).

Last edited:
Except it's not. Don't get lost in the sentimentality of it.

He's a great goal scorer, but there are areas he needs improve on and some he needs to eradicate.

Last night, apart from getting a goal, was as well as I've seen him play and if fit perfectly into what Pep is expecting from his strikers.

you say he's a great goal scorer so he score bags full for us, then you say he need to improve on somethings like he shown he has last night. looks to me he cant win!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.