Sergio Aguero leaves City after 10 years

If Haaland or anyone else is signed as a replacement, all I can say is, I look forward to seeing you 'follow that!'
Sergio at his best was the sharpest and best striker we're ever likely to see in a City shirt - but, I hope I'm proved wrong.

I think he probably still wishes we had Yaya running as If in treacle, because he was great before.

10 years, hopefully go on a high and finish his career like Silva, with little pressure and the sun on his back
I just look at this way.. would we rather leaves at the top or carries on and undermines his achievements by being a bit-part player?

Now I’ve come to terms with the news I’m sure he’s going out at the right moment

I just look at this way.. would we rather leaves at the top or carries on and undermines his achievements by being a bit-part player?

Now I’ve come to terms with the news I’m sure he’s going out at the right moment
You only need to look at Silva and Vinny, both were at a higher level and contributing more (than Sergio has managed this season) in their final seasons here, yet aside from a brief renaissance from Silva at the start of this season it's been fairly obvious they left at the right time.
Love Aguero, but I'd rather see him move on somewhere he'll play regularly and perform well and get the most out of the rest of his career than become a faded legend here.

I very much doubt he would. A concept modern day sports people are obsessed with is legacy. Not saying that’s the case with Sergio, as I don’t know him personally, but one sure fire way to fuck up a legacy is to go scoring goals for a rival, as Lampard above.
A certain D.Law springs to mind, they still put up a statue of him. ;-)

You only need to look at Silva and Vinny, both were at a higher level and contributing more (than Sergio has managed this season) in their final seasons here, yet aside from a brief renaissance from Silva at the start of this season it's been fairly obvious they left at the right time.
Love Aguero, but I'd rather see him move on somewhere he'll play regularly and perform well and get the most out of the rest of his career than become a faded legend here.
I'd love if he could continue rising up the PL goal charts albeit elsewhere, just not scoring against us. If he was to join anyone outside United and Liverpool, I'd be happy for him and to continue seeing him play. We called it right on our previous legends to move on, hard as it was to see them go. If Aguero was to contribute next year like the current, he'd fizzle out. He's top of my list for what we've achieved. Thank you Sergio. Best wishes

I think the whole situation is being handled masterfully by all parties concerned. To announce the statue at the same time as the departure before the press got a sniff is class. I cannot think of a great player in history whose end of their contract with their associated club was facilitated in such a respectful way. Well done city and well done Aguero, our love for you both will be eternal.

I'd love if he could continue rising up the PL goal charts albeit elsewhere, just not scoring against us. If he was to join anyone outside United and Liverpool, I'd be happy for him and to continue seeing him play. We called it right on our previous legends to move on, hard as it was to see them go. If Aguero was to contribute next year like the current, he'd fizzle out. He's top of my list for what we've achieved. Thank you Sergio. Best wishes
No, he mustn’t go to any other EPL club, it would undermine his legacy. Go somewhere sunny Aguero it will help with your injuries and you will be much happier.

No, he mustn’t go to any other EPL club, it would undermine his legacy. Go somewhere sunny Aguero it will help with your injuries and you will be much happier.
You're presuming he wants to move somewhere sunny, he may feel settled in Manchester and want to do his last couple of seasons in Europe as close as possible (if he doesn't go back to Independiente).

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.