Sergio Aguero leaves City after 10 years

As he said, when he came here, he didn't know what to expect. Humble as always.

We've had some real legends play for us over the last decade or so, like YaYa, Zabba, David, Kompany, guys that joined the club before we'd won anything, and maybe like Aguero, didn't know what to expect, but they believed in the project, and they did it. They took us to the next level, and I'm not forgetting the contribution players like De Jong and Lescott played in our rise as well, but those guys stuck around for years, and Aguero is the last of those that arrived when nothing was guaranteed, but played their way into our hearts and received medals for their efforts.

For me, he's the last link between the old City and the new one, and it's very sad that he's leaving, His endeavours in our rise have left us all with memories to cherish for the rest of our lives, and he gave us the best years of his life. We can't ask for more than that.

Thank you Kun. You are a legend, and will forever be in our hearts.

the records aguero broke today are truly amazing in modern day premier league football. lets remember he plays in blue as well ? the officials was not on our side and how many free pens did united and rooney get. all the records city and aguero are breaking are truly going to take some beating. because of the modern game and the quality of the premier league defenders at the top 6 or 8 clubs

AGUERO is now a patron saint of manchester city
the day 13th May will be forever known and celebrated every years in blue and white
That's bollocks. How many pens did he miss? That must be a PL record too lol

Man....

Today/ night has been difficult, awesome season, the team, false 9, Gundog, Phil, Dias, KDB and the rest but, watching that today, made me realise Aguero wont be on the back of my sons shirt for the first time in 10 years next season....... you are honestly the reason my lads could play as a striker in the playground as a city player without any static! From the first game at Swansea an absolute legend.... Sergio, me and the lads will miss you, you once in a lifetime genius

Adios Sergio. Absolute legend & you deserve to go wherever you want to.

Of all the goals the one highlight which stands out for me is him intervening in the Southampton away game aftermath with an overzealous steward manhandling one of our supporters.

Sums him perfectly for me as just an overall nice & loyal guy.

Seeing how happy Kun was today and on the podium celebrating and laughing with everyone is a great lasting memory of a true City and footballing legend.
Agreed, I'd been genuinely upset since yesterday but seeing how happy he was after scoring and going out on a high made me feel better. Think I'm moving on to the 'don't cry because it's over, smile because it happened' phase now...

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.