Sergio Gomez | Joins City on a four year deal

Status
Not open for further replies.
He is approaching 22, and has been a first team player for at least 2 if not 3 seasons now. He is past a CFG signing. Girona loans are usually for untested and young players that haven't broken through to a first team yet, or haven't played in europe, or ones that can't get a work permit, or we can't find space in the squad for. He is none of those. He is arguably too old and too good for a buy to loan to watch player.

If we were thinking he isn't ready for us now but might be in a year, we wouldn't buy him and send him to Girona, we'd just keep an eye on him where he is and come back for him next year. Might have a higher price, might have more competition for his signature but we'd be confident in beating others both financially and as a draw.

Or if we were really worried and wanted a bargain for next year, we'd buy him to leave him on loan where he is, so he can develop in a setting he is doing well in.

Meanwhile, we have no LBs, only 2 FBs, 3 spare spaces for registration, and nothing at all to lose with an extra body in the squad.

I don't see any sense or logic in the loan claims, so I don't believe them.

The Mail reckons he'll sign today, had to scroll halfway down the sports section to find it though, probably utter bollocks

He is approaching 22, and has been a first team player for at least 2 if not 3 seasons now. He is past a CFG signing. Girona loans are usually for untested and young players that haven't broken through to a first team yet, or haven't played in europe, or ones that can't get a work permit, or we can't find space in the squad for. He is none of those. He is arguably too old and too good for a buy to loan to watch player.

If we were thinking he isn't ready for us now but might be in a year, we wouldn't buy him and send him to Girona, we'd just keep an eye on him where he is and come back for him next year. Might have a higher price, might have more competition for his signature but we'd be confident in beating others both financially and as a draw.

Or if we were really worried and wanted a bargain for next year, we'd buy him to leave him on loan where he is, so he can develop in a setting he is doing well in.

Meanwhile, we have no LBs, only 2 FBs, 3 spare spaces for registration, and nothing at all to lose with an extra body in the squad.

I could only see him going out on loan if we sign him and then sign someone like Sosa or Guerreiro as well, we may just be using him as a no brainer insurance policy to ensure we’ve definitely got a left back before window closes which should also help with negotiations if we do have a “first choice” target.

Give him until the next window, nothing to lose, if he needs time away, send him to a CFG club in January.

As you said, he seems to good for that, Anderlecht are a decent team and he is more than holding his own.

I could only see him going out on loan if we sign him and then sign someone like Sosa or Guerreiro as well, we may just be using him as a no brainer insurance policy to ensure we’ve definitely got a left back before window closes which should also help with negotiations if we do have a “first choice” target.

Possibly, but even then, there would be more sense in keeping him than loaning him to Girona, who also have a LB and no real interest in developing him. We would still have spare space in the squad, 4 FBs in total be healthier at RB with Cancelo there more, and our CBs can then be CBs. Note I'm not arguing we Should be getting 2 in, just that if we did, I'd still rather see him stay than go on loan.

Happy to see us get the one in first, and then worry about what we do with him if another one were to come.

He is the next Zinchenko

Will spend the rest of his life playing as LB, but people will still say he isn't a real LB.

This signing will see JWE go out on loan with Gomez getting the same amount of games Zinchenko did IMO, I know nothing about the fella so if anyone (apart from the FIFA crew) who does could educate me about his current level an potential it would be appreciated.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.