Sergio Gomez | Joins City on a four year deal

Status
Not open for further replies.
NO Angelino's issue was that he had no pace either to beat the marker and put in a cross or to get back to defend. this guy seems to have that in abundance

Angelino is quicker than Zinchenko, and has the engine to bomb up and down all match. IMO Angelino's problem was that he's been a LB all his life and struggled to play inside.

Pep has never used a traditional LB.

Sylvinho is the closest but he had played in midfield and didn't last long as Pep's LB anyway.
Abidal was a CB
Alaba was a CM turned LB
Bernat was an attacking midfielder turn LB
Delph, Zinchenko and Cancelo are self explanatory.

He has never liked classic left backs. Even in his first season here he preferred right footed Clichy to Kolarov.

I think they're just too used to seeing the game from a 180 degree angle with the touchline as a constant frame of reference, and Pep needs them to go into midfield and play 360 degree football.

Last edited:
Angelino is quicker than Zinchenko, and has the engine to bomb up and down all match. IMO Angelino's problem was that he's been a LB all his life and struggled to play inside.

Sylvinho is the closest but he had played in midfield and didn't last long as Pep's LB anyway.
Abidal was a CB
Alaba was a CM turned LB

He has never liked classic left backs. Even in his first season here he preferred right footed Clichy to Kolarov.

I think they're just too used to seeing the game from a 180 degree angle with the touchline as a constant frame of reference, and Pep needs them to go into midfield and play 360 degree football.
I don't think Clichy was a right footer

Abidal was a CB
Alaba was a CM turned LB

Clichy was the most left footed player we’ve had

I don't think Clichy was a right footer

Well he was, I don't know what else to say.

It's a fairly famous story that he was right footed and his dad forced him to train with only his left because he thought he'd have a better chance of a career as a left back.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.