Serie A 2017/18

Few of my friends made the 8 hour drive from Verona to Benevento for the match today, just after they arrived, they were told the games in Serie A had been called off, due to Astori's demise, bit of a sickener in more ways than one.

Interesting weekend of football in Serie A, 'my club' Hellas won the Veronese derby 1-0, after being under the cosh most of the first half. Moving tribute to Davide Astori before the match started, Hellas have an affinity with Fiorentina, loads of Hellas fans in the Curva Sud with Fiorentina scarves/banners.

Good result too in the Sassuolo-SPAL game, a draw, keeping both clubs within reach, unexpected win for Crotone though, beating Sampdoria 4-1. Many clubs in danger of relegation, hopefully Chievo will get pulled into it.

Watched the Inter-Napoli game tonight, an absorbing 0-0 draw, plenty of good moves in the match, just a lack of quality finishing, from both sides, much like us last season!

Juventus now a point clear with a game in hand. Napoli still have to play there too.

Atalanta charged with racist stuff (monkey chants) from their europa league match with Dortmund. Nothing will come from it and the owners will do fuck all to. They have had years to kick the racist idiots out but have not.

I do find it annoying how the general stereotype is of a stylish well educated handsome fella whilst the Englishman is a fat bellied hooligan. Part of having style is the ability to see something wrong and change it for the better without the need for telling. England sorted it pretty quick, why can't Italy?

Napoli made hard work of that one. Just about hung onto a 1-0 win vs Genoa (h).

Juventus have AC Milan after the international break whilst Napoli have Sassuolo, so they could make up some ground there. Plus Juventus may have one eye on Real Madrid.

It's not over yet but you'd imagine not much room for error for Napoli.

Juventus have AC Milan after the international break whilst Napoli have Sassuolo, so they could make up some ground there. Plus Juventus may have one eye on Real Madrid.

I watched the 1st half and Napoli struggled

I heard an interesting stat that 10 of Napoli’s players have played over 20 league games whereas Juventus only have 2(Higuian and Chellini)

Juve should beat Milan quite comfortably, think it'll be more likely to be their game against Roma tbh if they're going to drop points.

If Napoli win their next game they'll only be 5 points off what we have got after the same amount of games. That's pretty amazing for them but also shows how relentless Juve have been to overtake them recently.

It's nice to finally see a proper challenger to juventus for a change and they deserve so much credit Napoli whether they win it or not.

Juve should beat Milan quite comfortably, think it'll be more likely to be their game against Roma tbh if they're going to drop points.

We'll see, I was looking at the Roma game as the game where they'll drop points but they drew 0-0 to SPAL this weekend so who knows.

Napoli have to hope that Juventus focus on the Champions League, in a tie where they might have a chance against Real Madrid, who can't defend at the moment.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.