Shackleton and the Endurance

A fate worse than a fate worse than death..

I feel exactly the same about Blantyre.

Mind you, there are a lot of English who feel that about Glasgow!
(I've been by the way, and survived to tell the tale. Straight off the train, asked for directions to the street that's got the café designed by Charles Rennie Macintosh — forget its name — and the railway worker that spoke to me, I had to pretend to understand what he was saying. Later on, walked all the way out to Parkhead from city centre, and then round the stadium. Just so that I'd seen it).

Mind you, there are a lot of English who feel that about Glasgow!
(I've been by the way, and survived to tell the tale. Straight off the train, asked for directions to the street that's got the café designed by Charles Rennie Macintosh — forget its name — and the railway worker that spoke to me, I had to pretend to understand what he was saying. Later on, walked all the way out to Parkhead from city centre, and then round the stadium. Just so that I'd seen it).
People have an idea of Glasgow that is unjustified. Of course its a tough place, but it is overwhelmingly friendly, unless you try to be a ****. Not advisable. Someone will take issue. Just be an alright guy and you will be welcomed and you will love it. Our accent can be difficult. I read once some famous **** said, its the only place a warm greeting can sound like a threat.

People have an idea of Glasgow that is unjustified. Of course its a tough place, but it is overwhelmingly friendly, unless you try to be a ****. Not advisable. Someone will take issue. Just be an alright guy and you will be welcomed and you will love it. Our accent can be difficult. I read once some famous **** said, its the only place a warm greeting can sound like a threat.
Glasgow is up there with my favourite cities. Lived there a little while, still have an apartment in the city centre.
I can only imagine those who have a harsh opinion of it have never visited or are cunts who nobody likes in the first place. :-)

Glasgow is up there with my favourite cities. Lived there a little while, still have an apartment in the city centre.
I can only imagine those who have a harsh opinion of it have never visited or are cunts who nobody likes in the first place. :-)
Good man. Do you ever rent out your apartment at weekends? Living out in the sticks we sometimes stay in town when visiting.

Good man. Do you ever rent out your apartment at weekends? Living out in the sticks we sometimes stay in town when visiting.
I rent it at the moment mate on a rolling 12 month contract. Not sure when I'll be next in the UK, been four years since I've spent more than 24 hrs there and once my lad hits 16 and can fly on his own ill be there even less!! Haha!

I rent it at the moment mate on a rolling 12 month contract. Not sure when I'll be next in the UK, been four years since I've spent more than 24 hrs there and once my lad hits 16 and can fly on his own ill be there even less!! Haha!
Probably for the best. Some right fussy cunts object to me having massive Swinger Party's in their Airbnb's.

Can you believe that shit?

My favourite mountain books are;

High Adventure -Edmund Hillary
Anapurna - Maurice Herzog
The 7 Mountain Travel Books - H W Tilman

And my favourite Arctic exploration book is Barrow's Boys by Fergus Fleming

All worth a read for anyone interested in that sort of thing.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.