Shakhtar (A) Pre Match Thread

Shakhtar Donetsk (a) prediction

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Changed my vote from a draw to a win.

I know Pep doesn't like to talk about records but I think he wants to keep this run going. Looks like he's going to use a couple of first teamers, a couple of youth players and the rest being fringe players.

--------------------Bravo/Ederson
Walker------Otamendi-----Mangala-------Danilo
---------------Gundogan----Toure
Bernardo-------------Foden----------------Sane
------------------------Aguero

Don't expect many of those to start at United. Walker, Otamendi and Sane being the only ones and neither have any serious past issues with injuries (touch wood).

If he thinks we can keep players fresh for the derby and win this game then I'll take it!

Last edited:
With 4 games to play in 10 days, the squad will need to be fully utilized. This being the least important game, ideal opportunity to play Foden and Diaz and rest the other players.

We can not afford anymore injuries with games coming thick and fast.

Given our wealth and our owner’s desire to promote the UAE, I would have thought the PL title (and the prestige and money that goes with it) would take priority over a dead CL rubber
Dont get me wrong - personally I would have played the under 10s but I was trying to justify the reasoning for taking a strong squad. There's a lot of money at stake.

Bravo
Walker/Delph (half each) - Tosin - Mangala - Danilo
Yaya
Gunda - Foden
Diaz - Aguero/Jesus (half each) - Bernado

can't see past that team now looking at the squad

Pep played his Barca 1st team for every match. If they were fit and available, they played. That's why Messi has a bajillion goals, he never misses a game. He will play his best available team for every game. He just wants to win matches, like any manager. If he was England manager for those daft friendlies, he would have played Stones in both.

If only we had a £15M a year, world class man in charge to pick what he believes is best for the club and best for the team.....

Yeah, but posts like that just kill the thread (even though you're right of course)

I do hope we play a strong team.
Keep the momentum going.
I really want this winning run to carry on as long as possible. It’s special what we’re doing right now. Long may the run continue.
I want us to have enough “WWWWWW’s” so that I exceed the character limit on Twitter.

We may not like it but he's going to field a team he genuinely believes can win the game so we'll no doubt see some big names in the line up.

Looking at his line up of Bayern the year they won the group early and we needed to beat roma away and them to beat cska he played Neuer, Boateng and gotze for 90 mins and Muller, Ribery, Robben and Lewandowski all played 45 mins.

He played Rode on right back, Dante in defense, Bernat instead of Alaba, Götze (who was not a usual starter) and Schweinsteiger (who just came back from injury) got full minutes, Gaudino and Höjbjerg in midfield and Weiser got some minutes at the end. He actually played second string and youngsters but as we had some injuries then he did not have a full eleven with reserve players available then. (that is why he split minutes for Robbery, Müller and Lewy)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.