Shaktar away

Discussion in 'Bluemoon forum' started by cleavers, 9 Nov 2017.

1. tregyblue61

tregyblue61

Financial Coach and Silver Van Man
    To those that have done Ukraine before: any help regarding changing currency? Not a drinker so just looking to have enough for food.

Might just be able to do TC trip

2. west didsblue

west didsblue

With it being a 5 hour flight I guess the day trip will be a full 24 hours. Also it looks like it will be fucking freezing there not to mention it being not far from a war zone and the locals are notorious for football violence. With that and it probably being a dead rubber anyway you can call me a part time supporter but I might just watch this on TV at home.

3. Tim of the Oak

Tim of the Oak

Spike isn’t funning a trip to the Ukraine. They couldn’t make a profit on what it would cost them to run the trip.

4. Ctidpaul

Ctidpaul

Sounds like a freezing cold Version of napoli then.can't wait,been to kiev and dinipro loved both trips

5. west didsblue

west didsblue

Apart from Napoli being less than 3 hours and the outcome of the match guaranteeing qualification to the group stage. Having said all that I’m still in two minds about going to Kharkiv having had a great day in Naples in spite of it being a shithole.

6. didsburyblu

didsburyblu

Temperatures around -3 that time of year. It's actually further from a war zone than our last trip to ukraine was and in terms of football violence Kiev was an awesome place with absolutely no fear whatsoever and dirt cheap.
    A million miles from what Naples was

7. didsburyblu

didsburyblu

I just drew cash out over there via cash machine for the amount you'll need for a short trip its the best way.
    Meal wise in Kiev couple of years back I had a large beer and a meal think it was chicken and chips and less than a fiver all in

8. Bill

Bill

old fuddy duddy who can't work this shit yet.
    you'll need about a tenner.

9. squirtyflower

squirtyflower

Samaritan
    That's what you took last time and then had to borrow off others lol

10. Bill

Bill

old fuddy duddy who can't work this shit yet.
    I just don't think the TC trip is good value. 299 to arrive at 1 pm and be whisked off to the game 6 ish. your feet wont touch the ground on leaving. so that like 5 hours to chill/ drink etc. nah.