Shameless US

Zin 'messiah' Zimmer said:
Bigga said:
Watched the first four, Zin. Couldn't get into it.

The brothers are the best thing about it all.

It is what it is bigg - i was sceptical when the us version of the office aired, gave it time and it for me has surpassed the original, see how it goes i say.

I know what you mean, but the best thing that happened for 'The Office US' was that the series here died before that came into fruition.

It's difficult doing it the way they're trying it, now, with Shameless US. It's almost like it doesn't have its own beat. Like they're dancing a Foxtrot to a Flamenco rhythm. In the next series they have to rip it up and start again, go in an entirely different direction than living off the flesh of the Brit series.

It's okay to build around the bones, but that's all.

they might be copying the characters but they will never be shameless and its a pathetic idea, the reason why its so funny is because its based around life in chatsworth and we know where that is.

They dont have the characters that play frank, carl, jamie, mickey, lilian etc....

Stillsy said:
they might be copying the characters but they will never be shameless and its a pathetic idea, the reason why its so funny is because its based around life in chatsworth and we know where that is.

They dont have the characters that play frank, carl, jamie, mickey, lilian etc....
It's essentially just a copy of it.
It's, as you say, about manchester life on a manchester working class council estate, forgive me if im ignorant but im sure working class life in USA is a bit different?

stimo said:
Stillsy said:

It's essentially just a copy of it.
It's, as you say, about manchester life on a manchester working class council estate, forgive me if im ignorant but im sure working class life in USA is a bit different?

Yep, your ignorant<br /><br />-- Mon Mar 21, 2011 4:12 pm --<br /><br />
Stillsy said:

frank and mickey maybe, the rest are average actors, and lillian is a phoenix nights extra, says it all. The premise of shameless has nothing to do with manchester, it's a setting, one which is replicated the length of the country, paul abbott captures working class culture, doleites, scrotes who represent a good proportion of modern day society and it is this that makes the first 2 series brilliant, the rest is cheap gags.

I dont know why people remake shows. So far to name a few the US have taken The Office , Life On Mars and now Shameless. I think they only done 1 series of life on mars and I would expect to see 1 series of Shameless and then it will be binned. With The Office and how they done it has given it a longer life shelf but with Steve Carell leaving it I think it will signal the end of the Office US.

Zin 'messiah' Zimmer said:
the first 2 series brilliant, the rest is cheap gags.

Agreed the show has turned into a complete farce and is a pantomime as best these days. Cant even stand to watch it even for a second now.

It's not just a one-way street though. Has anyone seen the travesty that is the UK version of Law And Order, compared to the masterful US original? Bradley fucking Walsh!!! Lol, do me a favour.
The nearest the Yanks got to Chatsworth was The Black Donnellys, Shameless meets The Departed in Hells Kitchen, New York. Cancelled after one series, box set at HMV for about a tenner, or even cheaper from the web. Buy it, a brilliant, brilliant series, one of my favourites of all time. Crime, violence, drugs, drama, sibling loyalty and a fair bit of comedy. Absolutely fucking superb.

LongsightM13 said:
It's not just a one-way street though. Has anyone seen the travesty that is the UK version of Law And Order, compared to the masterful US original? Bradley fucking Walsh!!! Lol, do me a favour.
The nearest the Yanks got to Chatsworth was The Black Donnellys, Shameless meets The Departed in Hells Kitchen, New York. Cancelled after one series, box set at HMV for about a tenner, or even cheaper from the web. Buy it, a brilliant, brilliant series, one of my favourites of all time. Crime, violence, drugs, drama, sibling loyalty and a fair bit of comedy. Absolutely fucking superb.

Yeah it's shocking, I don't think we can ever complain about this sort of thing again after letting the guy from fucking Wheel of Fortune do that!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.