Shay Facey

Discussion in 'EDS and Academy Forum' started by Bombo, 1 Oct 2015.

1. Bombo

Bombo

Heard a rumour we have recalled Shay Facey. Is this because Kompany and Mangala injured?

2. Ray78

Ray78

How much game time he has had at New York?

3. Bombo

Bombo

20 games most at centre half even though he is regarded as a right back I think

4. GGG

GGG

He has a knee injury.

5. abellwillring

abellwillring

Interesting. Steven Goff is one of the best soccer writers in America and he had Facey penciled in as a presumed starter tomorrow.. this article is only an hour old: https://www.washingtonpost.com/news...in-the-rain-d-c-united-aims-to-stem-the-tide/. He has played the full 90 in NYC's last 4 games (3 wins).

He has played well for NYC, but it's obvious that he'll never be at MCFC's level -- doesn't have the right physical stature to be a CB with City and is down the pecking order as a RB. With his contract expiring June 2016, I actually was expecting that he might end up transferring to NYCFC for good starting on January 1 (maybe involving him canceling his contract early and signing a new one with NYC). He's a Football League player at best for the foreseeable future so staying in NYC would not be a bad step for him.

6. Chi-town blues

Chi-town blues

Not ready yet as of now but we'll see how he develops .

7. We're not really here

We're not really here

Anyone who has watched NYCFC and how bad their defending is will know this is nonsense. Not even close to being good enough at the moment.

8. Neville Kneville

Neville Kneville

I can't believe this for one second, but if it did turn out to be true, after us sending Denayer to Turkey, I would go fucking postal.

9. NYCFC`s defence is as porous as a seive.....

10. br88

br88

Exactly this.