Sheffield Utd (H) | Pre-Match Thread

Match Result Prediction

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
99% of the time you're right but anything can happen in football and we must take our chances.

I remember when we played Bolton at home in 2005 and we hit the woodwork 5 times and Bolton hardly had a sniff on goal. We were rampant all game but couldn't hit the net. Dunne handballed giving them a pen in the dying minutes and it ended 0-1.

"Funny old game", as Greavesy once said.
Goodness I remember that Bolton game. My son who was then 15, went absolutely spare when Bolton scored, partly/mostly because he was being heavily outumbered by Bolton fans in his class/school. Never heard him swear so much before or since.

Blades are missing O'Connell (for season) and Berge who was injured before Christmas out for a while. Egan will be back from suspension, probably in place of Jagielka who will probably be lying down in a darkened room until at least Sunday after his performance last night. Might have Burke up front for some pace. Yep, little quality but very hard workers and rarely get hammered. But we turn up, we win.

Goodness I remember that Bolton game. My son who was then 15, went absolutely spare when Bolton scored, partly/mostly because he was being heavily outumbered by Bolton fans in his class/school. Never heard him swear so much before or since.
Me too pal and a good reminder that we cannot take our opposition for granted. Cheltenham being the most recent example of a banana skin we could have tripped up on. But that game against Bolton is etched in my memory. I can't remember any other game that we were as dominant and ended up losing the game. I came out of the stadium shaking my head in total disbelief.

Me too pal and a good reminder that we cannot take our opposition for granted. Cheltenham being the most recent example of a banana skin we could have tripped up on. But that game against Bolton is etched in my memory. I can't remember any other game that we were as dominant and ended up losing the game. I came out of the stadium shaking my head in total disbelief.

And that is why there'll always be some people who vote Lose! Typical City

Crazy game. I'm thinking I should send a link of that video to him but perhaps it will have a negative impact on him emotionally and mentally, bring back those nightmares again ;-)

Thanks for posting - but it brought back awful memories. Never seen anything like it before or since. How on earth we lost that game I will never know. I remember thinking at the time that only Dunninho would give away a pen like that in the final moments of the game. Either that or an own goal, of course.

Thanks for posting - but it brought back awful memories. Never seen anything like it before it since. How on earth we lost that game I will never know. I remember thinking at the time that only Dunninho would give away a pen like that in the final moments of the game. Either that or an own goal, of course.
Awful memories but such an exciting game Bill. And Dunny monster made quite a lot of costly howlers, still loved him though. Not too many teams could fall in a rosebed and come out stinking of shite, but we could and did regularly for many years, hence being tagged with 'Typical City'.

Apologies for derailing thread slightly.

Wasn't there a similar story involving sun jihai and Middlesbrough?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.