Shirt sizing

Ed68

Guys,

Is anybody able to help me choose a shirt size for a present. It would be customised so I can't swap it afterward purchase.

I'm generally a Large and, whilst I don't own a shirt, would imagine I'm a 42 (possibly a 40 but that could be tight). I understand the lad also wears Large but tbh, I think he likes his food a little more than me so is carrying a bit more round the waist.

Are the shirts the same as for the players or special, spectator fits? Basically I'm trying to work out whether I need to get an 44 for a looser fit or whether that would be too big around the shoulders.

Any suggestions, even dismissive/comedy ones would be appreciated. I'm busy at work so can't spend too long searching for answers.

Thanks.

is it this seasons? definitely get large, I am size large and a bit podgy around the middle, medium was to tight for me,

BoyBlue_1985 said:
Depends the away strip is like lycra so whatever you think get one size up. I got someone to measure my chest before I ordered just to make sure

I agree with that.

The shirts are small for their size. I usually wear a 42", but have to wear a 44" for it to be comfortable.

Ed68 said:
Guys,

Is anybody able to help me choose a shirt size for a present. It would be customised so I can't swap it afterward purchase.

I'm generally a Large and, whilst I don't own a shirt, would imagine I'm a 42 (possibly a 40 but that could be tight). I understand the lad also wears Large but tbh, I think he likes his food a little more than me so is carrying a bit more round the waist.

Are the shirts the same as for the players or special, spectator fits? Basically I'm trying to work out whether I need to get an 44 for a looser fit or whether that would be too big around the shoulders.

Any suggestions, even dismissive/comedy ones would be appreciated. I'm busy at work so can't spend too long searching for answers.

Thanks.

Every differant style / make in the shop are differant sizes .

I do not mean a few mm, s i mean inchs differant .

The quality control on this matter is VERY poor .

Thanks guys - really appreciate the number of prompt responses.

It's this seasons home shirt I'm looking at. I'm thinking possibly a 44 based on responses but still not sure ;-) Trouble is it will be a surprise present so don't want to get him measured.

Ed68 said:

It's this seasons home shirt I'm looking at. I'm thinking possibly a 44 based on responses but still not sure ;-) Trouble is it will be a surprise present so don't want to get him measured.

Hasn't he got a family member (mum, wife, partner or girlfriend), who would know his size and not give the secret away?

Vienna_70 said:
Ed68 said:

Hasn't he got a family member (mum, wife, partner or girlfriend), who would know his size and not give the secret away?

I'd have hoped that was the case.

He has no suit jackets or anything that would have 42-44 sizing and his Mum only knows he's a large.

Now I'm a large and feel I'm a little smaller - trouble is I haven't worn a recent shirt for years so really have no idea what I'd be to go one up on.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.