Should strikes be allowed (public sector workers)

Balti said:
So much for choosing a vocation and that thing that used to be known as public service then.....

Slavery my arse

Totally miss my point.

Any service be it public or private should respect workers rights and not just be allowed for bosses to make arbitary decisions than affect workers without recourse.

I think we have become a country of pansies where nobody sticks up for themselves anymore whilst the bosses get mega rich and laugh there fucking heads off at the clueless working class

Rascal said:
Balti said:
So much for choosing a vocation and that thing that used to be known as public service then.....

Slavery my arse

Totally miss my point.

Any service be it public or private should respect workers rights and not just be allowed for bosses to make arbitary decisions than affect workers without recourse.

I think we have become a country of pansies where nobody sticks up for themselves anymore whilst the bosses get mega rich and laugh there fucking heads off at the clueless working class

I agree R but we all need to be in it together with the same rights

I work in the public sector and,regarding contract and wages,my employers continue to take the piss.How else do you propose we make a stand against such treatment?

Balti said:
Rascal said:
Balti said:

Slavery my arse

Totally miss my point.

We need to fight for them rights and not believe the Govt, shite about the difference between public and private sector. We are the workers and they are trying to divide us and turn us on each other and the only winner are the bosses.

The rich get richer

johnmc said:
FantasyIreland said:
I work in the public sector and,regarding contract and wages,my employers continue to take the piss.How else do you propose we make a stand against such treatment?

Has your wage been cut?

They have recently reneged on an agreed pay increase by claiming we were never entitled to it even though our wage slips had shown the incremental date for 12 months previous.

Our pension contributions are up and certain work time allowances have been cut.

Our current contracts are also up for scrutiny in an effort to reduce payments/costs.

FantasyIreland said:
johnmc said:
FantasyIreland said:

Has your wage been cut?

They have recently reneged on an agreed pay increase by claiming we were never entitled to it even though our wage slips had shown the incremental date for 12 months previous.

Our pension contributions are up and certain work time allowances have been cut.

Our current contracts are also up for scrutiny in an effort to reduce payments/costs.

Yeah same in my job (private sector). Pension contributions up, contract terms changed without any consultation. And a pay freeze. Although we weren't promised one I suppose.

Rascal said:
Balti said:
Rascal said:
Totally miss my point.

We need to fight for them rights and not believe the Govt, shite about the difference between public and private sector. We are the workers and they are trying to divide us and turn us on each other and the only winner are the bosses.

The rich get richer

But this does not change under any colour of gov't. Divide and rule is all.

A new all-inclusive worker consensus is needed (as it once was).

Don't let them split us into gov't controlled/ rest ......or public/ private

We all need what the public sector is fighting to defend but most of us dont have

You're right....it's just bosses lining their pockets versus the rest of us

But many of those fat cats are actually in the public sector as well with huge unjustifiable salaries and consequently earnings related pensions to boot.....that we all as tax payers have to fund

time for that to end all round ....public and private sector......

a reasonable pension for ALL and not just the rich or the fortunate few should be an absolute right

we could all fight for that

I'm not a fan of those in public sector going on strike. They are in secure jobs that pay well (ish) and have pensions that are OK (well mine is anyway) and therefore should have representation but no right to all out strike. Many of these services are crucial to everyday life and without them we can put people in danger - ambulance services and fire fighters in particular.

HM Forces don't have the right to strike which I agree with. Imagine some union official trying to sort out the terms of service for operations in Afghanistan, that would be hilarious. The Taliban would piss themselves as we down tools during a firefight because we are adhering to industrial action. Additionally, who would do the shit tasks when the bin men, fire fighters and ambulance services go on strike?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.