Should strikes be allowed (public sector workers)

W12 said:
Rascal said:
Andy Dale said:
Why dont the public sector workers try to generatate a profit ?

The answer to that is without the public sector the private sector could not generate profit.

Without the public sector 93% of our children would be uneducated, that does not bode well for the momey makers unless you want them picking fruit.

Without the public sector maintaing roads the profits go down as transportation times increase

Without the public sector providing security if you made money the uneducated rabble could rob you willy nilly before you got to a bank

Without the public sector if your house was on fire you may lose it all rather than just have a new kitchen

Without the public sector North Korea could invade us

Without the public sector anarchy comes closer as the public sector is society in action.
North Korea could invade us. Your most ludicrous statement yet.

That's not a fair response imo. What Rasc is saying is that we would be open to attack without public servants, ie; soldiers. Maybe the analogy was a tad extreme but I agree with the sentiments of it.

pominoz said:
LateBlue said:
I'm not a fan of those in public sector going on strike. They are in secure jobs that pay well (ish) and have pensions that are OK (well mine is anyway) and therefore should have representation but no right to all out strike. Many of these services are crucial to everyday life and without them we can put people in danger - ambulance services and fire fighters in particular.

HM Forces don't have the right to strike which I agree with. Imagine some union official trying to sort out the terms of service for operations in Afghanistan, that would be hilarious. The Taliban would piss themselves as we down tools during a firefight because we are adhering to industrial action. Additionally, who would do the shit tasks when the bin men, fire fighters and ambulance services go on strike?

How do you think those rates of pay and pensions were earn't?.

Don't know about any others but the Forces are awarded pay increases by an independent group that aren’t part of any Government department and simply give us what they think we deserve. I have to say it works really well as they seem to have our best interests at heart.

LateBlue said:
pominoz said:
LateBlue said:
I'm not a fan of those in public sector going on strike. They are in secure jobs that pay well (ish) and have pensions that are OK (well mine is anyway) and therefore should have representation but no right to all out strike. Many of these services are crucial to everyday life and without them we can put people in danger - ambulance services and fire fighters in particular.

HM Forces don't have the right to strike which I agree with. Imagine some union official trying to sort out the terms of service for operations in Afghanistan, that would be hilarious. The Taliban would piss themselves as we down tools during a firefight because we are adhering to industrial action. Additionally, who would do the shit tasks when the bin men, fire fighters and ambulance services go on strike?

How do you think those rates of pay and pensions were earn't?.

Don't know about any others but the Forces are awarded pay increases by an independent group that aren’t part of any Government department and simply give us what they think we deserve. I have to say it works really well as they seem to have our best interests at heart.

Isn't the UK government cutting the armed forces to the bone?
I would say that the Forces are paid relatively well because it is a dangerous job, how else would you get people to join up?
Outside of the Forces, all pay and conditions have had to be fought for.The chinless fuckers in charge have not given them out of the goodness of their stone hearts.

The army pay for a private is around £18k I don't thnk that's a decent wage for the shit they have to do at the moment.

Blue Maverick said:
The army pay for a private is around £18k I don't thnk that's a decent wage for the shit they have to do at the moment.

Fucking hell!
I assumed they would be on about they same as Aussie Forces.
Just had a look at the US army pay rates, those poor fuckers are on 20k US dollars for a private, about 13k :(
Aussie privates are on $40,000 = 28k

pominoz said:
Blue Maverick said:

Fucking hell!
I assumed they would be on about they same as Aussie Forces.
Just had a look at the US army pay rates, those poor fuckers are on 20k US dollars for a private, about 13k :(
Aussie privates are on $40,000 = 28k

The pay in the forces doesn't really get any good until you're a Corporal and even then in comparison to the civvy jobs with the same amount of responsibility you're being seen off.

Rascal said:
ElanJo said:
Rascal said:
Why and where have i said i would force you to labour?

Vice like grip? WTF are you on about

Oh, you've never said it. It's hidden behind words like 'social justice'.

I don't know whether you're just not honest enough to say it outright or you're too well-meaning to confront it in your own mind (I think the latter is more likely) but the reality is that you wish to be the slave master you speak of, or, at the very least, it is a burden you're willing to bear. Your political philosophy demands it.

If you doubt this ask yourself whether you would permit me to own 100% of my labour

Why would a person who believes in freedom of the individual in a system that promotes freedom and individuality ever think i wanted slaves.

Its your understanding of my beliefs that is lacking and its lacking big time and as somebody i find quite erudite and occasinally intersting tonight you have failed big time. You have shown your pseudo intellectuism up to being nothing more than acceptance of the established norms.

That saddens me as i thought you were better than that

Person A being forced to work for the benefit of Person B is the exact same 'modern slavery' you were referring to and it is what you promote

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.