Should we worry?

BillyShears said:
fbloke said:
Torres - dead.
Milner - on life support.
Maicon - never going to happen
Balo - most likely deal to get done

This.

I think if the Milner deal was going to happen, it would've been sorted over the weekend. Balotelli has dragged on and I really don't want him to be honest. The lad has some serious issues relating to his family and I think he's the kind of player who thinks he's bigger than the club. Do we want to replace Robinho with the new Robinho? We need a team player, stick with Bellamy!

fbloke said:
I agree with the suggestion that it could be squeaky bum time for any more signings but........

Thats the bad old days IMO.

We have fully able and focussed people in the hot seat now and all will be well.

I happen to think that we are to see 3 more signings and two of them are forwards of the highest calibre, Balotelli and Torres (I know, I know I will close the door behind me when Im done) plus Milner.

There is also an outside chance of Maicon.

With all of that said I think City will simply leave the positions unfilled if they dont get the players they want.

There wont be any 2nd choices here.

Look at what else is going on, Ben Haim to West Ham, Aurelio re-signing at Liverpool and talk of loan deals only at Spurs!

I think we can rest easy folks. All is well at City.
P.S. Believe!

I agree with you in some aspects of this. No need to panic here - our administration team are top draw and have learned a lot over the previous windows. We will get Balotelli (because I told my Grandson this morning we will), do we need another midfielder right now - not sure a top draw AM yes but I think we can get to January without one.

BTW - it is not just the PL that is seeing no action all Europe has been slow and will probably start picking up in the week or so. There has been more transfer action in the MLS :-)

The Fat el Hombre said:
No need to worry. We've got a very good squad and there's plenty time left in the transfer window yet. No point rushing people in for the sake of the first couple of games when there's no gurantee we'll get better results in those games with those players and our squad is good enough to get results anyway. I'd rather look at the longer term and get the right players in at the right price
You should be in football management, El Hombre.

I generally agree with the view that we shouldnt be panicked into making signings. I think its a bigger concern though that if we walk away from the signings we will have to hold on to dissatisfied players. Robinho, RSC, Bellamy, Ireland, Onouha and a few others have all been widely reported in the press as being players that Mancini wants to offload. It cant be good for morale having them around if they're disillusioned.

Personally I think Ballotelli will sign but think we'll hold firm with Milner and end up pulling the plug on that deal. I doubt Arteta would come as it looks like Barca may turn to him if Arsenal don't budge with Fabregas. Personally I'd like us to sign an old fashioned no nonsense centre back still, if we did that and got Super Mario i'd be ecstatic with our squad.

-- Tue Aug 03, 2010 1:13 pm --

Personally I think Ballotelli will sign but think we'll hold firm with Milner and end up pulling the plug on that deal. I doubt Arteta would come as it looks like Barca may turn to him if Arsenal don't budge with Fabregas. Personally I'd like us to sign an old fashioned no nonsense centre back still, if we did that and got Super Mario i'd be ecstatic with our squad.<br /><br />-- Tue Aug 03, 2010 1:14 pm --<br /><br />So much conviction in my last comments I posted them twice!

The Fat el Hombre said:
No need to worry. We've got a very good squad and there's plenty time left in the transfer window yet. No point rushing people in for the sake of the first couple of games when there's no gurantee we'll get better results in those games with those players and our squad is good enough to get results anyway. I'd rather look at the longer term and get the right players in at the right price

Excellent post mate. My worry would be that there is a core of players who have pretty much been told they're not wanted. It's going to be interesting to see how they react if some of them are now asked to stay at City because we couldn't get a particular player in...

BillyShears said:
fbloke said:
I agree with the suggestion that it could be squeaky bum time for any more signings but........

Thats the bad old days IMO.

We have fully able and focussed people in the hot seat now and all will be well.

I happen to think that we are to see 3 more signings and two of them are forwards of the highest calibre, Balotelli and Torres (I know, I know I will close the door behind me when Im done) plus Milner.

There is also an outside chance of Maicon.

With all of that said I think City will simply leave the positions unfilled if they dont get the players they want.

There wont be any 2nd choices here.

Look at what else is going on, Ben Haim to West Ham, Aurelio re-signing at Liverpool and talk of loan deals only at Spurs!

I think we can rest easy folks. All is well at City.

P.S. Believe!

Really Fbloke - there are times where I just throw my hands up in despair...;- )

Torres - dead.
Milner - on life support.
Maicon - never going to happen
Balo - most likely deal to get done

That's my vibe...

Also - my understanding is that as much as you have faith in the powers that be, there is some frustration from the coaching/management staff at City that digging our heals in during certain negotiations...especially when it's been known for over two months what the selling clubs valuations of their players were...

I dont expect City to do business at the wrong price, do you?

I also think we BOTH know that the frustrations behind the scenes are because they wanted as many transfers to have been concluded before the team lest the US at the very least. I was told by the 19th of last month originally.

The problem is that the prices are simply too high and so the executive team are playing a waiting game whilst the footballing management just want it done. I dont think there is anything knew in that for any club in any era.

Milner will undoubtedly be done.

When a player has fallen out with his manager there is no turning back, so basically as the window draws closer we hold more and more of the cards. I imagine we could get him for half of Villa's current asking price come the end of August.

Not sure about Balotelli.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.