Silva & Tevez

tamworthblue

I don't think this is going to work if Tevez is put up front.

I voiced my doubts about how this would work at the end of the Silva thread but very few Bluemooner's have the patience with long threads to read end bits.

So here it is. Tevez constantly comes back to get the ball from the midfield and generally is very good at doing it, assuming played into feet, not air. But as the top striker why does he do this? Not enough feed, RM instructions or does he just do it automatically? General opinion seems to be that Silva needs at least one striker ahead of him to get the best out of him.

So assuming Tevez is an auto start, Silva alongside Tevez with Balo or Ade up front seems a better option to me. But how do you fit the other players into this 4-3-3 with 2 attacking fullbacks that we think BM is going to play. NDJ is first player on the card for me so putting in AJ gives us a pretty weak midfield.

Please enlighten me, Bluemooners and say it's all going to be allright.

I reckon Carlitos and Silva linked up well yesterday, for the very few minutes David was on. I've said all along that once everyone is fit (and this is a big point) we'll have a narrow midfield diamond of Nigel, Yaya, Milner, and Silva behind Tevez and Super Mario. Therefore the width will come from the attacking fullbacks (both injured at the moment) that you've mentioned in your post.

Simples ;)

OK, I can go with that although I think Tevez shoud be a bit further back. The point of original post in the Silva thread was how the f*ck do you fit the other players in with that. No room for AJ...big decision that.

You're right in terms of dropping AJ. Perhaps he'll go 4-2-3-1 and do the following.

AJ------Tevez------Silva

--------Balotelli---------

Of course that would mean having to pick only 2 from Milner, Yaya, Barry and De Jong in central midfield, but I would imagine the line up would vary from game to game. Either way, we won't know for sure until all of the summer signings are fit, especially Super Mario.

Tevez City said:
Are we ever going to see

AJ---Tevez---Silva

plays together ?

Sounds great doesn't it? But my point is all the posters on this forum saying that Silva is best playing behind a striker. Tevez should not be the top striker IMHO and AJ can't do it. I'm not getting at any of the players or tactics here...just can't see how all the best players can be on the pitch at once.<br /><br />-- Sun Sep 12, 2010 9:36 pm --<br /><br />
Solihull Samba Boys said:
You're right in terms of dropping AJ. Perhaps he'll go 4-2-3-1 and do the following.

AJ------Tevez------Silva

--------Balotelli---------

Of course that would mean having to pick only 2 from Milner, Yaya, Barry and De Jong in central midfield, but I would imagine the line up would vary from game to game. Either way, we won't know for sure until all of the summer signings are fit, especially Super Mario.

SSB that is my ideal 'front four' line up. Even Ade for Balo if necessary. Tevez can stop having to jump for the hoofs and come back into midfield to collect the ball at his feet.

Problem I have with this one is it leaves our midfield weak as you point out. With AJ in form it's a f*cking connundrum!

tamworthblue said:
Tevez City said:
Sounds great doesn't it? But my point is all the posters on this forum saying that Silva is best playing behind a striker. Tevez should not be the top striker IMHO and AJ can't do it. I'm not getting at any of the players or tactics here...just can't see how all the best players can be on the pitch at once.

Thats not a problem, the best players dont make the best team. When Mancini gets the right combination for the right opponents, we will be fine.

they could play the christmas tree formation(4-3-2-1) dejong,yaya and milner in the middle with tevez and silva behind mario the the full back push on like against valencia

madblue said:
they could play the christmas tree formation(4-3-2-1) dejong,yaya and milner in the middle with tevez and silva behind mario the the full back push on like against valencia

That I like a lot. I can see it working but a lot of people pissed off because AJ doesn't fit into it.

I don't particularly think Boateng is an attacking full back. He did get forward a bit at LB in the world cup but didn't seem that comfortable at doing so. He is a centre back really, just like Richards and Lescott.

Back to the point. I think Sliva is exactly what Tevez needs and Tevez is exactly what Silva needs. At times Tevez gets the ball, turns, and is looking for someone who a few seconds earlier should have had the initiative to get themselves into space for Tevez who is about to turn with the ball to pass to them. Against Timisoara Silva was receiving the ball, but before it had got to his feet his head had turned 360degrees to see exactly who was around him so he knew exactly what he was going to do after he'd controlled it, but Jo Ade and SWP were not on the same wavelength!

When Iniesta doesn't play for Barca Xavi isn't the same player because that sort of technical, quick-thinking, possession football requires more than one person to do it for it to work. Tevez plays that game, so does Silva!

I think Silva is a better player than Milner, although Milner does bring more work rate and better defensive work.

So where would he fit in?

Well against bottom half teams at home:
-----------de Jong---------
AJohnson---Silva---Milner
------------Tevez----------
-----------Balotelli---------

or top teams at home and bottom half teams away:
-----------de Jong-------
AJohnson---Yaya---Silva
-------Tevez--Balotelli---

Against top teams away I think he'd be a better impact player tha starter as Milners hard work can't be ignored!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.