Singing section/Atmosphere

The European fans just seem to sing one song over and over. We could match that by a group singing, "Never felt more like singing the blues" or similar constantly, interspersed with some different songs. It has to be a simple easy chant to be continuous and effective.
Yes, and to me that's just background noise, not atmosphere. I went to Dortmund when we played them in the CL and their chanting is totally regimented, they hardly paused even to react to the goal, it was robotic almost - so much so that I barely noticed it after about 10 minutes. Despite the myths that get peddled on here the old Kippax was never a hub of continuous chanting, it could be as quiet as a cemetery at times. I'm all for more singing from the fans but not going down that route.

Yes, and to me that's just background noise, not atmosphere. I went to Dortmund when we played them in the CL and their chanting is totally regimented, they hardly paused even to react to the goal, it was robotic almost - so much so that I barely noticed it after about 10 minutes. Despite the myths that get peddled on here the old Kippax was never a hub of continuous chanting, it could be as quiet as a cemetery at times. I'm all for more singing from the fans but not going down that route.

I agree. I think a lot of fans look back upon Maine road as some sort of cauldron of noise but my recollection is it wasn't. I remember as a kid we used to complain amongst ourselves the kippax wasn't as loud as the kop. We did sing more but for a large proportion of our time there the football on the pitch was dire, we sang as a form of defiance and to entertain ourselves.

Yeah, what shit fans they are for carrying on singing after conceding a goal.
He does have.a point.
I know it's supposed to be "atmosphere" to have loud singing but their singing was just too choreographed, mechanical, almost ritualistic. There was absolutely no spontaneity. This is an issue with a lot of bundesliga as well.

Normally keeping on singing when your team concedes is a gesture of support for your team, defiance, irony. In this case it was irrelevant, they were just a machine. In fact I found the odd bits of City singing to be more, well, natural.

I keep getting the survey on atmosphere - i scored Zero last night. It was terrible. I agree with the comments on here ref the regimented noise from the Basel so called fans. Doing a workout to an orchestrated / choreographed song list was very irritating. The contrast in noise levels associated with exciting phases of the game is a real atmosphere. If anyone brings a drum in the City section I might have to stop going. I associate this with teams from the lower divisions e.g. Wigan a few weeks ago. The only way atmosphere will improve is bringing booze back to the terraces and safe standing.

We need an over 50s singing block for a game for us 1980s never-miss-a-game supporters/sufferers/ scrappers guys to show how it’s done. But then again I used to pay jack to get in and didn’t have to sit with my dad like my kids do so really i don’t know the answer.
Apologies, pissed from Disley

I keep getting the survey on atmosphere - i scored Zero last night. It was terrible. I agree with the comments on here ref the regimented noise from the Basel so called fans. Doing a workout to an orchestrated / choreographed song list was very irritating. The contrast in noise levels associated with exciting phases of the game is a real atmosphere. If anyone brings a drum in the City section I might have to stop going. I associate this with teams from the lower divisions e.g. Wigan a few weeks ago. The only way atmosphere will improve is bringing booze back to the terraces and safe standing.

Couldn't agree more mate. I watched the Wigan game on TV the other week and had to turn the sound off ...

There was a drum in the City end on Wednesday night and one at Wembley the other week. I'm sorry to break that to you as I take it that means you'll be jacking your seasoncard in now ;)

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.