Smithfield Market Meat Sellers?

Ja Salford Blue

I went to smithfield market for the first time yesterday, been told about the cheep meat and fish for sale there. I was a bit unsure about it to be honest.

Went to one call E&J meats, it was a massive refregerated van, very professional set up, very clean, all the meat looked really fresh etc.

Anyway I got a full joint of Gammon & 12 of the thickest gammon steaks you have ever seen for £20! Also got 65 seasoned lamb cofters (mini steaks) for £10, we bearly got it all in the freezer. (got a shit load of sea bass and trout fish from another stall for £16) I couldnt believe it.

had a couple of the cofters last night and they were amazing.

My question is though, how on earth do they make it pay for themselfs, the amount we got yesterday would have cost the best part of £80 in a supermarket or butchers?

you should've asked the question before you bought the meat.

I'm from the school of thought that says it must be cheap for a reason. And it's probably down to the conditions the animals are reared in.

stonerblue said:

I'm from the school of thought that says it must be cheap for a reason. And it's probably down to the conditions the animals are reared in.

I'd never buy 'cheap' meat. It's cheap for a reason! Isn't human meat supposed to be like pork? Where are all those gypo kids that used to roam around east manchester so freely? Hmmmmmmmmmm gaaaaaaaammmmon!

glen quagmire said:
stonerblue said:

I'd never buy 'cheap' meat. It's cheap for a reason! Isn't human meat supposed to be like pork? Where are all those gypo kids that used to roam around east manchester so freely? Hmmmmmmmmmm gaaaaaaaammmmon!

ha ha!

Nowt wrong with it.
Going off the gammon joint and steaks in comparison the Tesco website has a Value 1kg gammon joint for £3.78 and 250g gammon steaks are £1 each.

So your paying similar amounts. They probably have a direct supplier and with those prices have demand so they are making it pay.
Also may be better meat than what Tesco deem Value because of the direct links to suppliers.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.