Snakes!

paphos-mcfc

Was clearing some slabs a while ago with the father-in-law and I lifted up this slab and there was a snake underneath it. I stepped back sharpish and dropped the slab. It flicked it's head out at my feet and I jumped back. The snake started to move out the dirt towards my father in law.

I shouted him there was a snake moving toward him. He stood still and banjoed it with a shovel he had. He said it was poisonous and would make me very sick if it bit me, but wouldn't kill me. He said it was called Siaita ( pronounced sie-eater ) I looked up the translation and it turned out to be 'arrow' wich is the nick name for a Montpellior Snake, it wasn't very big, but it was quick. lucky I had trainers on instead of my sandals, it could have easily nipped me.

Anyone else had any lucky escapes???

This is what one looks like

monpellier-snake-large.jpg

paphos-mcfc said:
Was clearing some slabs a while ago with the father-in-law and I lifted up this slab and there was a snake underneath it. I stepped back sharpish and dropped the slab. It flicked it's head out at my feet and I jumped back. The snake started to move out the dirt towards my father in law.

I shouted him there was a snake moving toward him. He stood still and banjoed it with a shovel he had. He said it was poisonous and would make me very sick if it bit me, but wouldn't kill me. He said it was called Siaita ( pronounced sie-eater ) I looked up the translation and it turned out to be 'arrow' wich is the nick name for a Montpellior Snake, it wasn't very big, but it was quick. lucky I had trainers on instead of my sandals, it could have easily nipped me.

Anyone else had any lucky escapes???

monpellier-snake-large.jpg

Had a few when I was banana picking in Aus a couple of years ago! That is one dangerous country we used to have red ants all over us biting your face and all types of spiders crawling over you when you were carrying the big bunches did my head in!

The farm dog was found dead one morning with snake bites, I spotted a few when we were out in the fields but never got too close to one!

i was walking the dog in Scotland, as she sniffed about in the undergrowth a Adder jumped at her and spat its venom into the dogs mouth, she went mad, spat out the venom and was then ok. I decribed what had happened to the farmer that we were staying with and he said we probably had a lucky escape.

charliebigspuds said:
i was walking the dog in Scotland, as she sniffed about in the undergrowth a Adder jumped at her and spat its venom into the dogs mouth, she went mad, spat out the venom and was then ok. I decribed what had happened to the farmer that we were staying with and he said we probably had a lucky escape.

Close call mate.

F That snakes dont do it for me seen some at chester zoo a few years ago thats as far as i wanna go if i seen a snake out in the wild id be off home .. ow big was it mate ?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.