Snide Goods Bought Online

Juan King

Anyone else been sold goods online that when they turned up were fake? If so any advice on dealing with the seller?

Bought my Mrs some shoes off a seller on Amazon, when they arrived I could tell they were fake. The ones in the sellers advert are real but the ones that arrived are a different pair. I messaged the seller & they claim they didn't know they were fake & that if I post them back they will verify to see if they can refund me. Am I better off going straight to my credit card company to try & get a refund & should I also contact trading standards?

It seems iffy to me that they would use a picture of a real pair then send different ones, so I'm wary of posting them back to the seller.

Re: Counterfeit Goods Bought Online

it could be that the people who have posted them to you are doing so on behalf of the person who has an amazon account and may genuinely not know. if you have spoken to the person on the amazon account. tell him/her you have a saved copy of the transaction and photographs of the shoes. send them recorded delivery and tell him if the issue isnt sorted, you will report him/her to amazon.. note times of all correspondence.

this should help you

<a class="postlink" href="http://www.amazon.com/gp/help/customer/display.html/?nodeId=537868&#requirements" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.amazon.com/gp/help/customer/ ... quirements</a>

When do I use the "Order contained damaged/defective/incorrect items" reason while filing an A-to-z Guarantee claim?

''If a seller has clearly misrepresented the condition or details of an item in a way that affects its value or utility, it is "materially different" and that seller should be willing to offer a refund or exchange within 30 days of shipment. If the seller does not accept the return of an item that is made in accordance with the seller's return policy, you may qualify for coverage under our A-to-z Guarantee. Please visit our Return Help pages for more information regarding returns.''

check his returns policy. If it states 'returns accepted,' then he has to offer you a refund if that is what you want. if it says returns not accepted, then it's even more likely it's a scam. this is when you then process a a-z guarantee claim on amazon. Note all dates and be sure to claim within the time frame amazon give you.

it might be easier to deal direct with your credit card company (which is why credit cards are always better than debit cards - which behave more like cash) and put the transaction into dispute... if you think the seller's going to give you trouble or you doubt their veracity.

if you think you might get your correct pair of shoes in the end then by all means go through their own process and protocols.

I have done both, depending on the circumstances. Of course if you try dealing with the seller first (which is what the credit card companies would like you to try initially) you can always use your credit card company as a fallback position, but if you've been sold fake/dodgy goods I think that's a fairly good tip-off as to the sort of operation you're dealing with...

There are a couple of scenarios here.

Firstly, lets see you wanted to buy a Ralph Lauren Polo Shirt brand new with tags. If you went to Selfridges, it would cost you the thick end of £70. (Although TK Maxx do them for half that)

So knowing that, if you see someone selling them for £20, you either think to yourself, they're knockoff, or they're snide. Either way, if you don't get the real article, you can hardly be surprised. Like they always say, if it seems too good to be true, it usually is. In which case, I hardly think that you can complain too much.

On the other hand, if you paid top dollar for the goods, and at near enough the RRP then I would be inclined to not only claim a refund, but also contact trading standards. As well as chop off their goolies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.