Snow

We are a six mile round trip walk from the local Fuckall Shop, as we call it. It’s an undulating walk, lovely on a nice day, but in over a foot snow on our rural roads and a windchill of -7 it takes on a different hue.

The mrs is talking about walking it. She is nowhere near fit enough so this will obviously mean I have to do it. I’m not even sure I am. But certainly more than her.

If you don’t hear from me again, look out for the news headline about a moronic **** freezing to death in East Lothian. That will most certainly be me.

I have to chuckle at the UK panic at what is nothing more than a bit of snow and wind. It's like a typical winter for most of the northern hemisphere but for the UK it's a beast!!! lol

I have to chuckle at the UK panic at what is nothing more than a bit of snow and wind. It's like a typical winter for most of the northern hemisphere but for the UK it's a beast!!! lol
It's mainly the news channels giving it stupid names and reporting every aspect of it that makes it look like panic. That said, it is serious, and warnings are needed, because some people just don't see the danger of high wind gusts and ice. When you live in a country where you get more exposure to something, you handle it better.

We are a six mile round trip walk from the local Fuckall Shop, as we call it. It’s an undulating walk, lovely on a nice day, but in over a foot snow on our rural roads and a windchill of -7 it takes on a different hue.

The mrs is talking about walking it. She is nowhere near fit enough so this will obviously mean I have to do it. I’m not even sure I am. But certainly more than her.

If you don’t hear from me again, look out for the news headline about a moronic **** freezing to death in East Lothian. That will most certainly be me.
How did your trip go?

How did your trip go?

Well, let’s put it this way, I won’t be playing tomorrow. As if the walk wasn’t bad enough getting there, I bought far too much and too heavy stuff, potatoes, wine, 3 bottles and other crap. Didn’t seem that heavy in my rucksack in the shop.

Five minutes into an hour walk I realised I’m not a Sherpa. Halway home I was thinking of putting the bag in a hedge and getting it with the car as soon as I could. Fortunately a tracker went by and I got a lift the rest of the way. I’m fucked and don’t even feel like having a drink.

The mrs hadn’t stopped laughing. Apparently I have a beetroot face. If it wasn’t so cold I would offer het outside for a square go.

Having homemade soup now as part of my recouperation.

I will resort to canibalism before I do that again. Knew it would be a disaster and can’t believe I was stupid enough to try it. If the tractor hadn’t showed up I’d be in a ditch.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.