So many changes in the squad with no loss of quality

Bentheblue

I was watching a Youtube vid of the last game of the season in May 2022, Villa at home and was surprised that so many of the squad had now left the club. 5 of the starting 11and the 3 subs. To lose 8 players within 18 months with no apparent loss of form is amazing and a testament to the quality of Pep and his staff.

Not to put a downer on things but we’ll have a better idea at the end of the season as to where we really stand compared to previous years. It’s when the going gets tough and the run in starts that you really find out how good a team is.
Yep, we’ve played one top team so far this season and lost. Far too early to tell how we’re dealing with no Gundog, no Mahrez, no Laporte, less of KDB

We are in a better position than at this stage last season, a lot depends on whether we can get Kev and John Stones back soon. I have been impressed with the beauty of our play over the last few weeks, but other clubs have improved. It would be disappointing not to retain the Champions League or Premier League this season, but currently we need to see how the injuries and luck of the draw play out.

We are in a better position than at this stage last season, a lot depends on whether we can get Kev and John Stones back soon. I have been impressed with the beauty of our play over the last few weeks, but other clubs have improved. It would be disappointing not to retain the Champions League or Premier League this season, but currently we need to see how the injuries and luck of the draw play out.
The only clubs that have improved are spurs and liverpool, but they’ve improved from quite low bases and are still a way off us.The only reason I can see us not winning it is if we stop performing as we can, not from others being better.

Gundogan is a huge loss and not one that Kova and Nunes look like they can replace.

The fact we have incorporated Alvarez so well and Doku’s impact is probably above what was hoped and as such Mahrez loss is lower then expected.

The loss of Laporte might be felt more now Stones is out.

Far too early to make comments like that to me.

Gundogan is a huge loss and not one that Kova and Nunes look like they can replace.

The fact we have incorporated Alvarez so well and Doku’s impact is probably above what was hoped and as such Mahrez loss is lower then expected.

The loss of Laporte might be felt more now Stones is out.

Far too early to make comments like that to me.
Absolutely loved Laporte but Josko has been brilliant, is younger and probably has a higher ceiling
Midfield is a different matter, neither Kovacic or Nunes have shown anything so far to suggest they’d start in the biggest games when everyone’s fit. Early days though

Absolutely loved Laporte but Josko has been brilliant, is younger and probably has a higher ceiling
Midfield is a different matter, neither Kovacic or Nunes have shown anything so far to suggest they’d start in the biggest games when everyone’s fit. Early days though

Forgot about Josko, which in a way is a huge compliment (I assume he’s always been here).

Agree him over Laporte from what I’ve seen and also Pep plays him a lot more.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.