So what do you think Pep’s no-striker formation will be like

lostgalaxy

I think he will play Gundogan alongside Fernandinho and allow both Silva and De Bruyne to freely run into the box. In that way he has not one, but two false nines. Something like this

Sane________________Silva________________De Bruyne________________Sterling

___________________Gundogan____________Fernandinho_____________________

Delph_____________Otamendi_______________Stones________________Walker

_______________________________Ederson_________________________________

Its a pity Silva s shot is often off balance but with another partner in the box he could just square the ball to.

Personally I doubt very much whether that front line will start, nor will Otamendi, Walker and Ederson. We have a cup SF next week plus a tricky visit to Anfield. I think they may feature on the bench, bug almost certainly Bravo will start. If Bernardo isn't injured so will he, along with 2 or 3 of the youngsters. The older more experienced guys need to rest up though they will I think form a formidable bench.

Maybe he plans to put nemecha (sp) in for Burnley game ?

I don't like the no striker formation, sure last time it was tried kdb looked list, stuck between two roles, memory may be playing tricks on me though.

Nmecha is in City square before the game so won't be playing.

Ah well, it was just a foolish idea full of hope that a club with no other striker available would turn to a youth player, you never know a goal or two and he would be in the England team in 6 months lol

I think we may see Sterling as false 9 today in the 433 formation. His movement is world class so he does well in the middle.

Other options to replace Aguero/Jesus are D.Silva and De Bruyne to play false 9.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.