So.. where do we go from here?

Phatex

Another season of buying proven premeirship players? No Europa leauge, can we attract big names?
What players can we get realisticly, what players do we need?

Personally I think Dunne has got to go, a new left back? already?
A striker that is tall and good in the air? What about that "captain, speaker" Like Carragher or JT?

How is our away form going to change, Hughes did nothing about it last season so why? just because the season is over doesn't mean the poor away form won't continue.

This is the season in my opinion that shapes Hughes. Is City too big a job for him?

We will see.

We can attract big names, but not the biggest names. As premiership proven players it's always much harder than it would seem, most of the better ones are at the biggest clubs(go figure!)starting or in the reserves(and is that being a proven premiership player?). The ones that are not, then why not? they normally form 2 groups those that have tried and failed at the highest level(SWP, Bellamy, Bridge, TBH), or those like Barry that clubs want real big money for.
As for Dunnie, I'm sure he has played his last game for us, wouldn't be at all shocked is both him and Hart(on loan in his case)end up at Wolves.
Our Away from, if we can pick up someone like Adebayor that would give us a genuine out ball when we are under pressure that we have lacked all season away from home(it will also help the back 4).
As for Hughes and being big enough for the job, the only people who matter think he is(myself. I have always been of the view, he isn't very good and wouldn't have hired him, even before the take over).

Well obviously Michael Ball and Javier Garrido will be expected to leave, being out of contract and sold respectively so we will need a new left back to compete with Wayne Bridge. This will ensure he raises his game in order to stay in the team. Nedum bailed him out yesterday numerous times as did Zabaleta when he came on. Dunne? (sighs) I absolutely love him to bits to be honest, he's been a fantastic servant for the club, but yes it is his time to leave and I will be absolutely gutted. Unfortunately though there is little room for sentiment in football though if you want to get to the highest level. I think we need to centre halfs actually and for them to be commanding in the air. Bruno Alves, if we can get him, is a must as is Jolean Lescott.

If Elano and Petrov go that'll need sorting out and we'll need numerous strikers coming in for when Ched Evans, Daniel Sturridge (BOOOOOOOOOOOO), potentially Valeri Bojinov (Italy return?), Darius Vassell (if you can count him as a striker?) etc leave. I'd say we'd need another two or three. I think Big Phil will be the shock and stay due to his goals scored recently and I wouldn't begrudge him that. I think we'll get a few big names up front but I don't know who, hoping for Adebayor cos he's one of my favourite players outside City.

I have no idea how our away form is going to change personally but hey, that's what Hughes gets paid to work out really isn't it? I mean if he doesn't know then he knows that it won't be good enough and he'll be out of a job in 12 months time. I don't think the job is too big for him, I think that he'll grow into it and that he is building quite a decent team on paper. But what he hasn't got right now is the sort of gelling that Everton have which makes them hard to beat. The more they play together in the same team, the better we'll be for it.

I agree this will be the season that shapes MH though and if they back him as well as they did in the Summer then he can have few complaints about not being backed. He has been set the challenge, it's up to him whether he takes it up with confidence that he can achieve it or shits a brick and goes the other way.

I think we have a strange albeit interesting summer to come.
There is the paradox of Huhes going for the type of player he knows and trusts, and the big name stars the board want on board. The fans, including myself will want to see the flair players out there.
Money doesnt seem to be an issue, but we dont have Europe or a good league position this year to offer.
A lot of the current team seem to be dis-enfranchised or marginalised, and the pay scale seems to be very unequal.

Some of the stalwarts have reached the end of their time, and some of the youth will never make the step up

The agents and the press will link us with anyone and everyone, and the Manger knows he has a season at best to get it right.

You could counter that this is the same at every club - but our particular set of circumstances - the demands, the expectations, the huge resources, the desire in some quarters to see us fail, come together to make these very interesting times.

Theres not much I can do to change these things, other than pay my money and show my support.

I do know that come August I will be gagging to see who ever is wearing the blue shirt

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.