Solar panels - Help needed

East Level 2

Greetings oh wise people of Bluemoon, I am looking for some information on solar panels, electricity meters and different suppliers.
My partner is considering having solar panels fitted. She is with Bulb on a dual tariff meter (non-smart) and has been told solar panels need to be used in conjunction with a smart meter. However, Bulb do not offer smart meter installation for dual tariff contracts but can read them if fitted by others. The best supplier for returning money generated by solar panels is Octopus but they are quite a bit more expensive than bulb for general electricity use and only have a low tariff period of about four hours per night. This isn't much use as my partner has storage heaters.
Can she switch to Octopus or another supplier to get a smart meter fitted and then switch back to Bulb? Is there any minimum period she would need to stay with a new supplier?
Would bulb honour her current deal (with known price rises from tomorrow) or would she be treated as a new customer?
We are struggling to get consistent answers from Bulb themselves.

I very much doubt there will be much difference between Bulb and Octopus from Saturday after the new tariff hike. Indeed Octopus may be a tad cheaper.
Also Bulb are run by the government who are desperately trying to offload it and the only company interested in it is…Octopus.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.