"Something (the universe) can't come from nothing"

ElanJo said:
Blue Coop said:
He actually speaks of actual nothing around the 20 minute mark.

It's not nothing in the same way that people who say "something can't come from nothing" talk of nothing.

Why do you think I am wrong anyway?

We wouldn't be here if something couldn't come from Nothing, which is the best way to describe it really.

You can sit and talk about it for hours on end and the conclusion that people come up with will change within a few years.

I don't think us lot will be around when the probable true answers to questions like this are actaully worked out and then the stance isn't chnaged somewhere down the line because it is actually proven and not based on theory.

It's nothing to worry about

Blue Coop said:
ElanJo said:
It's not nothing in the same way that people who say "something can't come from nothing" talk of nothing.

Why do you think I am wrong anyway?

We wouldn't be here if something couldn't come from Nothing, which is the best way to describe it really.

I think you've misunderstood. I'm not making the claim that Something can't come from nothing (note the quotations in the title). I was pointing out that there are no laws/properties within nothing to prohibit something coming from nothing

Thanks Blue Coop for posting that video - I watched it to the end.

I tend to sympathise with the view that no quantum fluctuation can occur within nothingness. If it could then I would change my definition of nothingness.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.