Something to be jealous of...

Bembeltown said:
-- Fri Mar 08, 2013 11:14 am --

Why Always Ste said:
So fucking jealous from watching those video clips.
There will be a time when a generation over here completely reject the borefest and no atmosphere in the English leagues and adopt a German team and really follow the club, going to games etc.

Its actually happening already. At my own club Eintracht Frankfurt we got regular visitors from Edinborough, Oldham, Swansea and all over the UK.

There are a lot of UK fans going to Dortmund matches as well and I can imagine the situation beeing similar at other clubs as well.

As a reason they usually state that its cheaper for them to just fly over with a cheap flight, buy a ticket and enjoy themself with some beers, than going to a London away for example.

Its like a blast from the past for them...standing, drinking, cursing and singing as much as you want.

Oh I'm aware it already happens bud, Many blues I know have gone over there to watch matches. More like a Tourist would though (rather than actually supporting the team)

But actually fucking off an English club all together in favour of completely supporting a German Club.

A whole generation over here are missing out on attending games.

Our stadiums will be empty in years to come (or still full with tourists)

Loved being over in Dortmund this year and that's without the terrace. As discussed would happily go to a German game (tourist style, not sacking City off) for a boozy weekend and take it in.. fancy going Feyenoord too

Going to Bremen v Wolfsburg next month instead of Spurs away and it's cheaper for flights & ticket than coach & ticket to London...

Watch a bit of German football and think Dynamo Dresden have the best/loudest/most colourful fans in Germany and there 2nd devision.

BM_Mike said:
Loved being over in Dortmund this year and that's without the terrace. As discussed would happily go to a German game (tourist style, not sacking City off) for a boozy weekend and take it in.. fancy going Feyenoord too

Went a few years back when my rugby team were on tour and we were staying in rotterdam and they just happened to have a game on one of the nights we were in town... unreal atmosphere and from what i can remember it was friendly too!

I'm so jealous of the Bundesliga. English football fans are utter garbage when it comes to vocal support and colour/displays, woeful.

This season at City has been the worst season for atmosphere I've ever known. We've had one half decent atmosphere at the Etihad all season - that was against Liverpool and even then it wasn't very good. We're not much better away from home, just an average set of away fans in a league full of shit fans.

Caveman said:
I'm so jealous of the Bundesliga. English football fans are utter garbage when it comes to vocal support and colour/displays, woeful.

This season at City has been the worst season for atmosphere I've ever known. We've had one half decent atmosphere at the Etihad all season - that was against Liverpool and even then it wasn't very good. We're not much better away from home, just an average set of away fans in a league full of shit fans.

I wish the Citizens group had persisted. They got mocked and scorned by the "old guard" on here but they were trying to prevent exactly what we're seeing now.

Yesterday 109 began the "Stand up if you love City" song. I'm in an aisle seat in 107 next door to them and stood, as did maybe 7 others in the vicinity and it just ended there. I couldn't hide a look of disgust when I looked to my right. Uninterested quiet people munching their snacks and half watching the football, some on their phones.

It'd be a lie to say football has never had the 'casual' fans, it always has, but the % filling the stadium seems to go up by the year. Unless a proper "One End" with like-minded people is introduced I think the atmosphere may degenerate to Old Trafford levels of a few hundred half-heartedly singing then giving up before too long.

Another problem is that our singing areas now seem to have many people who DON'T sing but just stand there with arms crossed. It dilutes the only areas of the ground where you'll actually get group singing.

Incredible support over there in Germany. Over here it is absolutely embarrassing. We need to pull together and do something.

BM_Mike said:

Great atmosphere for our game even if it was a dead rubber for them, the whistles that ballotelli got when he came in and each time he touched the ball was deafening and hurt the old ears.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.