Songs we no longer sing.

blue b4 the moon

Inspired by a post from someone in the transfer forum....

That post mentioned 'What the fuck is going on'

Player chants come and go but I strangely miss 'xx years and we're still here', it really was a badge of honour.

We hate Nottingham Forest, we hate Liverpool too and Leicester, we hate man utd but City we love you.....Altogether now...!!! Me and my mate sang that at Villa away and the looks we got.. !
Also this one is a favourite of mine...... We don't carry razors, we don't carry lead, we only carry axes to bury in your head, we are loyal supporters, fanatics everyone, we hate man utd and Leeds and Leeds and Leeds...... Ha ha the good old days....!

We're city, we're balmy, we're off our fucking heads!

Loved that and bouncing round the kippax

also

let's all have a disco
You are my City, my only City

fav though is rarely sung now.
We've got an M .a. A .a. N ..a. C..an.. I.T.Y.
We've got the greateat football team than money couldn't buy etc.

Then there are the ones we shouldn't sing like dig up Matt Busby

When I was a lad there was a guy at the back of the kippax who used to sing a song all on his own and a couple joined in me n my brother included as you got used to the words, but no one else, one time he brought hand written lyric sheets in and handed them out and he was persistant, would try a couple of time to get it going, though it never did.

It went

"when I was a lad me dad said to me, are ya goin down wigan to watch the rugby.
I said no I don't think so, I'm goin down maine rd for a bit of agro.
Went with a bottle, went with a stick killed a m******, ended up in the nick.
Singin la la la la la la la"

Bizare it was but never forgot it

Last edited:

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.