Sorrento/Amalfi Coast - Italy

chris85mcfc

Anyone been here on holiday?

The Mrs has mentioned that she wants to go to Italy next year and has been advised that this area/place is meant to be really nice

I've been, years ago.

I got really lucky as it happens, as I'd only booked a 3 star place in Naples at really short notice. When I arrived at Naples airport, they told me that the hotel I'd booked was full, and I was upgraded to a 5 star place in Sorrento. A week there for £220, happy days! The Conca Park Hotel, stunning.

Beautiful town by the way.

Barcon said:
My wife has been going on about that place for years.
Maybe they should go together and we'll go to a champs league match somewhere.

Pretty sure Napoli made it into the champions league so we could be onto something here!

Do it. It's on the dear side, but it's a lovely place.

Close to the centre of Sorrento is a good base; railway for easy travel to Vesuvius, Pompeii, Herculaneum, Naples etc, plenty of bars and excellent restaurants. Great window-shopping in the alleyways - very friendly place.

Go to Amalfi on the local bus - It's exactly the same trip as the organised tours on the spectacular coast road at a fraction of the cost. And you get to spend as long as you want in Amalfi.

Spend a full day in 'old' Naples - You'll hear tales of kids robbing people and such, but just keep your valuables out of sight and don't look too touristy and you'll be fine. It's a beautiful old city.

Make sure you get a hotel with a pool... You probably won't want to swim in the Bay of Naples.

Mrs Chris will love it, and so will you!

lovely place, I passed through there on my travels.
Stayed there about 2/3 days and it was enough for me. Should head over to Capri whilst you're there and go look at all the stupidly expensive shops.

My mate wants to know if the area is within budget for a working class fella. Maybe just 2/3 nights?

Stayed in Maiori just along the coast - spectacular scenery and hair-raising drives , and lovely walks in the lemon groves.

Most beautiful place in Italy, lived just north of Naples for 3 years, and spent many a weekend and day trip there, it is a bit pricey but well worth it, hire a car if your nerves can take it, or as mentioned before take a few bus rides up and down the coast road...

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.