Southampton (H) | Post Match Thread

Think this was the sort of game where it shows that if we had a striker we win, the Bernardo chance in the first half and the Sterling in the second. These are the games that will ultimately cost us. Hopefully West Ham and Spurs can do us a favour tomorrow
That's exactly what came to mind on that Bernardo chance as well. You have to think a striker is on the end of that pass from Jesus.

We were clearly off the boil. How many times do we have less possession? We also had a get out of jail card with the pen. We should have lost because we weren't at our best, we didn't so thats a positive. It's given us a kick up the backside and we'll be better next game
we'll forget wycombe as it will be the kids but the next 3 after that are chelsea/psg & liverpool all away

All the big 4 are going to have to reach 87 -90 points to have a chance of winning it in my opinion and having to play each other twice that's going to be impossible. They are very well matched. But something has got to give- Immovable object v irresistible force. For all these , big squads need to be used with minimal injuries. A lot of draws between those and its anybody's title. We should see something of a pattern by beginning / end of January. Long long season. Pep will play his part . If we don't win it we will have a say in who wins it .

I think we will need to be within 5 points come Christmas.. 3 draws against Chelsea, dippers and Rags away would play well into our hands.. being a handful of points behind any of them without an away fixture to play against them would mean we were in a good place. Easier said than done though.

Maybe controversial but a deal sending Sterling to Barca with Fati coming the other way plus some money to balance the deal might work? Next window we could test the water and sell Sterling.
In my humble opinion he has lost his mojo at City. With less than 2 years on his contract to go it could make sense.
Sterling isn't going to Barcelona, so forget about that. He wouldn't go and they wouldn't want him. I'd much rather he found his old form at City but can't see it happening, particularly with Grealish in the way

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.