Southampton Post Match Thread

blueinsa said:
EllisMCFC said:
Disgusted not to see any youngsters play today or at least feautre on the bench could have given them a run-out. But I don't Pelle rates them much.

Disgusted you say?

Was you also outraged, shocked and in disbelief?

I just enjoyed a great match between 2 very good sides and yet another hard fought win and thought it was probably the right decision not to blood any of the kids given just how much Southampton where up for it and the quality they showed throughout the game.

Pellegrini gets paid to make those decisions and once again, he got it right and was vindicated.

Yeah. I think he proved he knows a bit more than the would be managers who suddenly appear on this site.

kippax4ever said:
Anyone seen tunnel cam yet,,the young kid is funny as fk....

<a class="postlink" href="http://www.mcfc.co.uk/citytv/Tunnel-Cam/2015/May/City-v-Southampton-Tunnel-Cam-24-May-2015-2123" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.mcfc.co.uk/citytv/Tunnel-Cam ... -2015-2123</a>?

Just watched it he had me in stitches..."give us some penalties ref"....and he certainly knew everything about the players.

CC1 said:
blueinsa said:
EllisMCFC said:
Disgusted not to see any youngsters play today or at least feautre on the bench could have given them a run-out. But I don't Pelle rates them much.

Disgusted you say?

I just enjoyed a great match between 2 very good sides and yet another hard fought win and thought it was probably the right decision not to blood any of the kids given just how much Southampton where up for it and the quality they showed throughout the game.

Pellegrini gets paid to make those decisions and once again, he got it right and was vindicated.

Yeah. I think he proved he knows a bit more than the would be managers who suddenly appear on this site.

I do agree with you both cc1 & blueinsa but Jovetic was never getting on and it was a waste of a space on the bench when a kid could have been on there for the experience.

bluevengence said:
kippax4ever said:

<a class="postlink" href="http://www.mcfc.co.uk/citytv/Tunnel-Cam/2015/May/City-v-Southampton-Tunnel-Cam-24-May-2015-2123" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.mcfc.co.uk/citytv/Tunnel-Cam ... -2015-2123</a>?

Just watched it he had me in stitches..."give us some penalties ref"....and he certainly knew everything about the players.

LOl & you better be a good Ref(classic)..yeah he clued up on the players

blue b4 the moon said:
CC1 said:
blueinsa said:
Disgusted you say?

I do agree with you both cc1 & blueinsa but Jovetic was never getting on and it was a waste of a space on the bench when a kid could have been on there for the experience.

If a youngster needs an experience of sitting on a bench I've got two in my back garden they can use!!

Eccles Blue said:
blue b4 the moon said:
CC1 said:

If a youngster needs an experience of sitting on a bench I've got two in my back garden they can use!!

The youngster interviewed on the pitch said he'd like to see the first team more, now I'm not suggesting he should be on the bench but to be involved with the first team preparation etc for players on the edge of loan moves is probably a tad more useful than watching your flowers grow. ;)

kippax4ever said:

Thanks for sharing that kid is the best! Bear hugging every player and just listing off random facts about all the players XD

A very professional end to the season. Winning six on the bounce. Credit to both sets of players yesterday that it didn't feel like an end of season game with nothing riding on it. Both teams turned up to win and give their all which by the sounds of things didn't happen too many other places across the league.

Apropos nothing in particular, we should sign James Ward Prowse this summer ahead of Barkely or Wilshere. I think he's going to have a better career than the pair of them.

MC ID said:
kippax4ever said:

Thanks for sharing that kid is the best! Bear hugging every player and just listing off random facts about all the players XD

Be some vid to show off when he all grown up(will be priceless to him)But jesus he can talk the talk.LOL

blueinsa said:
EllisMCFC said:

Disgusted you say?

He got it dead wrong.

The decision to give time to youth players isn't about winning and losing (and I'm not having it that we would have lost had we brought on Barker instead of Navas), the decision is about an investment in the future of this club.

Pellegrini hasn't, and seemingly won't invest in the future of the club and instead makes absolutely stupid decisions like having Navas rather than Barker available, or playing a full first XI against West Ham when we were 6-0 up, or bringing on Scott Sinclair rather than Thierry Ambrose when we were 3-0 up with 10 minutes to go, or a myriad of other opportunities.

He is looking after his own managerial record and his own success rather than doing what we need right now which is a manager who will be able to win games AND blood young players when the opportunity arises.

He should be sacked, he isn't what we need as a manager. Funnily enough, Jose Mourinho who gave 9 youth player debuts this season and still somehow managed to win the title despite this obvious setback is exactly what we need. Yet we were sold on Pellegrini in front of Mourinho as they were supposed to be the opposite - Jose is a guy with no adherence to youth policy where Pellers would get on with everybody and utilise our rather big youth signings that are sat in the U21 rotting away and who will eventually walk out just as Suarez did and Rekik is about to do.

We live in a world where FFP WILL eventually take hold in some way, shape or form and it's incredibly arrogant and presumptuous to believe that Sheikh Mansour is just going to pump £100m a year into our squad every year because he can. He isn't a money mark who we're squeezing every penny out of, he's a businessman and an investor who will be looking for some sort of profit and sustainability over the long term. We didn't build that £200m Academy to impress people, we built it because we NEED to get youth players into our first team squad from a business perspective, a marketing perspective and a footballing perspective. This isn't a negotiation, we are having youth players in our first team squad whether people like it or not otherwise we won't be able to compete in the Premier League under their squad rules. We need the best young players in the country because everybody else will be under the same restriction and everybody else will be fighting it out for the same player

We're getting a reputation as a club that will not give young players a chance and it will hugely affect our recruitment policy when we're chasing the highly rated youngsters at 14 and 15. We're in competition for the best young players against Manchester United, a team who are internationally famous for their youth policy, Chelsea who have given 9 debuts and have Jose Mourinho as manager, and Arsenal, another team who are famous for their youth policy and adherence to development.

If people are too stupid or too shortsighted to see the effect that will have on us long term then I can't help them.

The most frustrating thing is the myriad of absolutely ridiculous reasons in defence of Pellegrini's total incompetence in this area that apologists on here come up with. Apparently they watched us play Chelsea once or twice so now their youth "are on a different level to ours" and "much more developed", which is twenty five types of bullshit. Firstly we beat Chelsea in the league this year 3-2 and were drawing away from home 1-1 until Musonda scored in the last minute. We put 10 past Bayern over two games, we stuck 6 past Roma across two games, we won the International Cup by beating another team with a well respected Academy in Porto. We were extremely unlucky to go out in the Quarters of the UEFA Youth League when we had two sent off against Roma and had battered them twice in the Group Stages, and up until March we were amongst the favourites for the league.

The players that Chelsea are debuting and winning the title whilst doing so were average by our standards. Loftus-Cheek, Ake, Christensen, Baker and Brown are no better than our players and absolutely definitely wouldn't get used in our first team either. Mourinho's starting them in Champions League games. Ours can't get 10 minutes against Middlesbrough because apparently "we need to win" and it's a binary choice between winning and developing players

The cold hard truth is that all of our top young talents SHOULD leave because its what is best for their careers. We've shown absolutely no desire to play them and instead use the loan system as a way of shitting out of our responsibility to develop players.

The funny thing is, this isn't even an argument to 99% of the world. Pellegrini's youth record is insulting. Yet only on Bluemoon could anybody possibly defend it.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.